Recalls include avocados and beef, nuts and globes
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 28 recalls to be aware of this week:
- Legacy Pharmaceutical Packaging, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP, 25mg, 50mg, And 100mg Due to The Detection of Trace Amounts Of N-Nitroso N-Methyl 4-Amino Butyric Acid (NMBA) Impurity Found in The Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API).
- Porsche recalls vehicle with electrical issue. The instrument cluster may not provide a visual warning when the brake pads are worn out. If the driver is not alerted when brake pads are worn out, he may lose control of the vehicle while attempting to brake, increasing the risk of crash.
- Porsche recalls model year 2017-2019 Boxsters and Caymans. In the event of a crash, a crossmember may detach from the luggage compartment bracket, possibly causing a fuel leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of fire.
- Model year 2019 Porsche Cayenne and Cayenne S vehicles recalled. A rear-view camera display that does not function as designed can reduce the driver’s view of what is behind the car, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River recalls Rockwood and Flagstaff recreational trailers. The exterior bunk bed door may open unexpectedly while the trailer is being towed.
- Keystone recalls model year 2019 Bullet Crossfire recreational trailers. The spare tire carrier was improperly mounted and may detach from the rear wall. If the spare tire carrier detaches, it may become a road hazard and increase the risk of crash.
- Keystone recalls model year 2019 Crossroads Redwood recreational trailers. The pin box mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened, possibly resulting in the trailer separating from the tow vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Entegra recalls model year 2019 Reatta motorhomes. The missing or improperly installed cotter pin may cause the actuator rod to detach, affecting brake performance and lengthening the distance needed to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Jayco recalls model year 2019 Jayco Embark motorhomes. The distance needed to stop the vehicle may be lengthened.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Aurora Packing Company, Inc. Recalls Beef Products due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- Market of Choice, Inc. Recalls Pork and Poultry ProductsDue to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- California avocados voluntarily recalled for possible health risk. The distributor has voluntarily recalled its product from six states due to concerns about possible contamination with Listeria, bacteria that can cause severe illness in some people.
- Better Made Snack Foods recalls Original Potato Chips. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Century Snacks recalls Snak Club Honey Bliss Nut Mix. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Thomas Hammer Coffee Roasters Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Blueberry Bread.
- Theo Chocolate Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in 3oz Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate Bars.
- Procesadora La Hacienda of San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico, is recalling approximately 4,940 pounds of ready-to-eat corned beef. The product may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically pieces of metal.
- Two Brothers recalls pork skins. The items were produced without meeting the federal requirements.
- Ata Int. Inc. recalls Blue Fusion capsules. The product contains undeclared active ingredients, rendering it an unapproved drug.
Infant & Children Products
- Midwest-CBK Recalls Baby Rattle Socks Due to Choking Hazard. Small ornaments can detach from the socks, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Bulk Unlimited recalls children’s globes. The globe’s internal wires can short out and overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Nestle Purina PetCare Company Voluntarily Recalls a Limited Amount of Muse Wet Cat Food Natural Chicken Recipe in Gravy in Three-ounce Cans due to the Potential Presence of Rubber Pieces.
- FDA finds Salmonella in three lots of Darwin’s raw dog food; cautions pet owners.
- Rechargeable Power Banks Recalled by Daniel M. Friedman & Associates Due to Fire Hazard. The power banks can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Air King America recalls wall-mounted range hoods. The wall mounting anchors provided with the range hoods do not adequately secure the hood to the wall.
- Interline Brands Recalls Swivel Fittings Due to Fire Hazard. The fittings can leak, posing a fire hazard.
- Cambridge Elevating Recalls Home Elevators Due to Fall Hazard. The landing door on the elevators can unlock without the elevator present, posing a fall hazard.
- Alpha Guardian recalls Stack-On gun safes. The safe can open without the use of a key or combination.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com