Recalls include Walmart sausage, Johnson & Johnson baby powder
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 26 recalls to be aware of this week:
- Sanofi Provides Update on Precautionary Voluntary Recall of Zantac OTC in U.S.
- Dr. Reddy’s Confirms its Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Ranitidine Products in the U.S. Market.
- Perrigo Company plc Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Ranitidine Due to Possible Presence of Impurity, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity in the Product.
- Novitium Pharma Issues Voluntary National Recall of Ranitidine Hydrochloride Capsules 150mg and 300mg Due to an Elevated Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Alprazolam Tablets, USP C-IV 0.5 mg, Due to the Potential of Foreign Substance.
- Subaru recalls certain 2017-2019 Impreza and Crosstrek models. This recall is for an Engine Control Module that could continue to power the ignition coil after the engine is shut off.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling 108,000 Ram 1500 diesel-powered pickup trucks in the United States for coolant leaks tied to reports of some fires and four minor injuries.
- Daimler Vans USA (DVUSA) is recalling 19 model year 2018-2019 Sprinter and Metris vehicles. The vehicles left the reassembly plant without the final quality inspection of safety-relevant parts or bolt connections, resulting in possible unknown safety risks.
- Dorman recalls accelerator pedal assemblies. The rotating portion of the accelerator pedal assembly may bind.
- General Motors is recalling 7,173 Advantage Tri-fold soft tonneau covers sold as accessory parts for model year 2019-2020 model year Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 trucks. The original instructions may be difficult to follow, possibly resulting in the cover being installed incorrectly.
- BMW of North America is recalling 416 model year 2020 S 1000 RR motorcycles. The oil cooler hoses may not be attached properly to the oil pipes, possibly resulting in an oil leak. Leaking oil may drip in the path of the rear tire, increasing the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Starcraft RV is recalling 10,446 model year 2018 Comet Mini, model year 2018-2019 GPS, Autumn Ridge Outfitter, Launch Ultra Lite, Launch Outfitter 7, Autumn Ridge, Launch Outfitter, Satellite & Avalon, and model year 2019 Mossy Oak and Mossy Oak Lite travel trailers. The fuse/circuit breaker wiring between the battery and the converter may have bypassed the 30-amp fuse, creating an unprotected circuit.
- Jayco recalls model year 2014-2018 Precept motorhomes built. The hydraulic lines may melt from exhaust heat.
- Jayco recalls model year 2016-2017 Alante motorhomes. The hydraulic lines could be exposed to excessive heat.
- Outdoors RV recalls Trail Series MTN toyhauler travel trailers. The trailer may sway and/or become separated from the tow vehicle.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Walmart’s ‘Great Value’ pork, turkey sausage recalled over salmonella concerns. More than 6,000 pounds of ready-to-eat pork and turkey sausage patties have been recalled over salmonella concerns.
- Samurai recalls Furikake Popcorn. The product may contain fish, an allergen not declared on the label.
- MawMaw’s chicken pies and meatloaf recalled. The products contain milk and soy, allergens, not declared on the label.
- T & R Enterprise USA recalls egg rolls. The products were produced and packed under unsanitary conditions.
- Taylor’s Sausage Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Meat and Poultry Products Due to Mislabeling.
- Mical Seafood is expanding its earlier recall of frozen, wild-caught yellowfin Tuna. The products may contain elevated levels of histamine that can produce an allergic reaction called scombroid fish poisoning.
- Shivam Distributors Recalls “Dry Dates” Due to Undeclared Sulfites.
- Peekay International Inc., Expands the Recall for Underclared Sulfites In “Swan Dried Apricot” And “Keshav Dry Apricot”.
- GL Holdings Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Green Lumber Products Due to Presence of Undeclared Tadalafil.
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer recalls baby powder. An FDA test indicates sub-trace levels of chrysotile asbestos contamination.
- Federal Cartridge Recalls Blackhawk Gun Holsters Due to Injury Hazard. The holster design can change the position of the safety switch on the firearm without the user knowing it. When this occurs, if the trigger is pulled the gun could fire unexpectedly, posing an injury hazard to the user and bystander.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com