Recalls include veggies, pajamas, MacBooks and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 25 recalls to be aware of this week:
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Becton Dickinson & Company (BD) Recalls SmartSite Syringe Administration Set Due to Risk of Leaks.
- Edwards Lifesciences Recalls the IntraClude Intra-Aortic Occlusion Device Due to Risk of Balloon Rupture.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products.
- Fresenius Kabi Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Two Lots of Fluorouracil Injection Due to the Potential for Glass Particulate.
- Nature’s Truth Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirements. The bottles are not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if the contents are swallowed by young children.
- Land Rover is recalling 2,200 model year 2020 Range Rover Evoques. The fuse for the front and rear windshield washer system may fail and reduce driver visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 7,854 model year 2018 CX-9s. The wiring harness may disrupt electrical communications and disable the passenger front airbag, turn signals, and/or engine starting system.
- Mazda is bringing in 25,003 Mazda 3s that just rolled off the assembly line, because the wheels may fall off while driving. All the Mazda 3s are 2019 model year cars.
- Ferrari North America is recalling 893 model year 2018 488 Spider, 488 Pista, model year 2015 458 Speciale A, model year 2016-2018 488 GTB, model year 2015-2017 F12 Berlinetta, model year 2016 F12 tdf, and model year 2016-2018 Carlifornia T vehicles. The air bag Electronic Control Unit (ECU) may malfunction, possibly causing the non-deployment or improper deployment of the airbags and/or seat belt pretensioners.
- Maserati North America is recalling 739 model year 2015-2018 Granturismos and model year 2016-2018 Granturismo convertibles. The airbag Electronic Control Unit (ECU) may have a defective power supply capacitor that can cause a deactivation or inadvertent deployment of the airbag.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Yamaha is recalling about 1,500 model-year 2019 Grizzly ATVs and Wolverine X2 side-by-sides due to an incorrect owner’s manual.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Growers Express Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Fresh Vegetable Products Due to Potential Contamination of Listeria monocytogenes.
- Raw milk cheese recalled because of risk of Listeria monocytogenes.
- Seoul Trading recalls Daesang brand rice seasoning mixes. The products contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Belgian alert for hepatitis linked to supplements; update to UK outbreak.
Infant & Children Products
- Just Love Fashion Recalls Children’s Pajama Pants Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s pajama pants fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- The Company Store Recalls Girl’s Pajama Sets Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Pet Supplies Plus Issues Consumer Advisory for Bulk Pig Ear Product FDA Investigating Contaminated Pig Ear Treats Connecting to Salmonella.
- Apple of Cupertino, Calif., is recalling about 460,000 15-inch MacBook Pro laptop computers in the U.S. And Canada. The batteries in the computers can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Electric Bicycles Recalled by Faraday; Seat Post Poses Fall Hazard. The seat post on the bicycles can break, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
- SRAM Recalls RockShox Front Suspension Forks Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. The fork’s lower leg assembly can break and cause the rider to lose control, posing crash and injury hazards.
- BRP U.S. of Sturtevant, Wis., is recalling about 2,500 BRP Sea-Doo marine coolers. The cooler latch can automatically lock when the lid is closed, allowing a person to become locked inside the air tight container posing entrapment and suffocation hazards.
- The Gillette Company of Boston, Mass., is recalling about 90,000 Venus Simply3 disposable razors sold in the U.S. and Canada. A problem during manufacturing resulted in the misalignment of the blades in the razors, posing a higher risk of cuts during normal use.
- Bill’s Fireworks of Sheridan, Mich., is recalling about 11,000 fireworks that are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standard for this product.
- GS Fireworks is recalling about 260 fireworks that are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standard for the products.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com