Recalls include Subarus, popcorn, fridges and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 41 recalls to be aware of this week.
- Kadesh Incorporation Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Puriton Eye Relief Drops Due to Non-Sterile Production Conditions.
- Sandoz Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity Found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API).
- GM to fix unexpected airbag deployment problem on Colorado ZR2 trucks. The side airbags would go off when there was virtually no reason during off-road maneuvers, according to videos of specific instances.
- NHTSA investigates 1.7 million GM SUVs for windshield wiper failures. Could potentially expand recall to 2010-2016 Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain.
- Model year 2018 Kia Stingers recalled. The front wiring harness in the engine and passenger compartment may sustain damage.
- Subaru recalls model year 2018 Legacys and Outbacks. The low fuel warning light may not illuminate properly.
- Subaru recalls Imprezas, Impreza Stationwagons, BRZ, XV Crosstreks and Toyota Scion FR-S vehicles. The vehicles’ engine valve springs may fracture.
- Porsche recalls model year 2019 Cayennes. The passenger side rear seat belt buckle may break.
- Harley-Davidson recalls motorcycles with clutch issue. The secondary clutch actuator cylinder may leak fluid internally and the clutch master cylinder may lose the ability to generate enough lift to disengage the clutch.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Airstream is recalling 103 model year 2018-2019 Airstream Atlas vehicles. In the event of a fire, the accordion screen door screen material may burn quicker than allowed by federal law, increasing the risk of injury.
- Keystone RV recalls fifth wheels and travel trailers. The axles may be missing inner bearing races on the hubs.
- Thor recalls various model year 2013 motorhomes. The windshield wiper system may have been installed incorrectly.
- Model year 2017-2019 KZRV Sonic 190VRB travel trailers recalled. The location of the liquid propane manifold may cause a fire.
- Cherokee Alpha Wolf and Arctic Wolf recreational trailers recalled. The awning arm may detach from the wall.
- Gulf Stream recalls Conquest and B Touring Cruiser motorhomes. An auxiliary solar charging port circuit is not fused.
- Jayco recalls model year 2019 Jay Flight travel trailers. The turn signal and brake lights do not work properly.
- American Honda Recalls Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. An incorrectly installed throttle body can ignite, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Duncan Hines Classic White, Classic Butter Golden, Signature Confetti and Classic Yellow Cake Mixes Recalled Due to Potential Presence of Salmonella.
- Baked Potatoes with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon (2 Count) Mis-Labeled as Herb Roasted Potatoes.
- Sprout Creek Farm Recalls “Margie” Cheese Due to Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Frito-Lay recalls Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Flavored popcorn. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Wegmans Pumpkin Loaf, 11 oz., and Wegmans Placek Coffee Cake, 11 oz. and 22 oz.
- Alebrije Dist Wholesale Recalls Quesillo Queseria “La Milagrosa” and “Alebrije Cheese” Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Recall of Bittersweet & Feve Chocolate Bars Due to High Levels of Milk Allergens.
- Les Aliments O Sole Mio recalls chicken tortellini. The imported products did not undergo inspection.
- Ganaderos Borges, Inc. Recalls Pork Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- NuVue Foods Recalls Burrito Products due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- Barcelona Nut Co. recalls pistachios for risk of Salmonella.
Infant & Children Products
- Mountain Warehouse Recalls Children’s Water Bottles Due to Choking Hazard. The water bottle’s spout can detach, exposing a small ring, posing a choking hazard to children
- H.I.S. Recalls Girl’s Clothing Sets Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban. The metal pendant on the necklace contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- In Association With Sunshine Mills, Lidl Voluntarily Recalls Orlando Brand Grain Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.
- Natural Life Pet ProductsExpands Recall of Dry Food Due to Elevated Levels of Vitamin D.
- Lifetone Technology Recalls Bedside Fire Alarm and ClocksDue to Failure to Fully Alert Consumers to a Fire. The bedside fire alarm and clock can fail to operate and fully alert consumers to a fire.
- Haier America recalls top-mount refrigerators. An electrical component in the refrigerator can short circuit.
- A. O. Smith Recalls Ultra-Low NOx Water Heaters Due to Fire Hazard. The water heater’s gas burner screen develops tears. The water heater’s burner can then create excess radiant heat, posing a fire hazard if the water heater is installed directly on a wood or other combustible floor.
- A. O. Smith Recalls 30-Gallon Gas Water Heaters Due to Fire Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s. The water heater’s flame arrestor can fail to work properly, posing a fire hazard.
- MCS Industries of Easton, Pa., is recalling about 15,400 Glacier Bay Bi-View medicine cabinets. The mirror can detach from the medicine cabinet door, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.
- Black & Decker recalls hammer drills. The side handle sold with the drill can slip or break.
- Kubota Recalls Mowers and Compact Tractors Due to Burn Hazard. Hot coolant can spray out onto consumers from the overheated and pressurized coolant reservoir tank, posing a burn hazard.
- CB2 is recalling about 260 pendant lights. The insulation on the electrical wiring can come loose, posing fire and shock hazards.
- Pain Relief Naturally recalls pain and itch relief products. The packaging is not child resistant as required by law.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com