Recalls include Nissan trucks, sausage, egg salad and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be …
Recalls include Nissan trucks, sausage, egg salad and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 39 recalls to be aware of this week:
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Datascope/Getinge Recalls Cardiosave Hybrid, Cardiosave Rescue, CS300 and CS100/100i Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps (IABP) Due to Potential Battery Failure.
- Jubilant Cadista Pharmaceuticals Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP, Due to Out-of-Specification Dissolution Test Results.
- FDA has approved new warnings about an increased risk of blood clots and of death with the 10 mg twice daily dose of Xeljanz, Xeljanz XR (tofacitinib), which is used in patients with ulcerative colitis.
- Herbal Doctor RemediesIssues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Drug Products Due to Marketing Without FDA Approval and Concerns with Manufacturing Practices.
- Epic Business Services recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil. The packaging is not child resistant as required by federal law.
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 262,220 model year 2018-2019 CX-5s, Mazda6s, and model year 2019 Mazda3s. A software error in the powertrain control module (PCM) may cause the engine to stall, posing a crash risk.
- Subaru of America is recalling 2,107 model year 2019 Legacys and Outbacks. Spot welds located on the duct below the cowl panel may have been improperly applied, affecting the vehicle’s body strength. The reduced strength of the vehicle body may increase the risk of injury in a crash.
- Nissan North America has issued a recall for 91,319 of its 2017-2019 Nissan Titans. Affected pickups might have damaged alternator wiring harnesses that could short, which could potentially be dangerous to the driver and passengers.
- Volvo Cars is recalling about half a million cars worldwide because of a faulty engine component that may in extreme cases cause a vehicle to catch a fire. The Swedish carmaker said Monday the affected cars are two-liter, four-cylinder diesel engines manufactured between 2014 and 2019.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Select varieties of Ragú Pasta Sauce recalled. The sauce may contain fragments of plastic.
- The Cookie Dough Cafe Issues Allergy Alert on “Chocolate Chip Chilled Gourmet Edible Cookie Dough Bar” Due to Possible Peanuts in Product.
- Kent Quality Foods, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Sausage Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- CM&R Inc. Recalls Beef Stick Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Home Market Foods, Inc. Recalls Frozen Ready-To-Eat Beef and Pork Meatball Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Williams Foods LLC Initiates a Voluntary Recall of Taco Seasoning Product Due to Possible Presence of Salmonella Contamination.
- Delta Pacific Seafood Ltd. is recalling Western Family brand “Original Wild Sockeye Smoked Salmon Nuggets” from the marketplace because of possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Euphoria Fancy Food Inc. Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in “tainy Vostoka Assorted Dry Fruits-Apple”.
- Pita Pal Foods has issued a voluntary recall of certain hummus products made between May 15, 2019 through July 11, 2019, due to concerns over Listeria monocytogenes.
- Wismettac Asian Foods recalls fish cakes. The products may contain milk, egg and crustacean shellfish, allergens not declared on the labels
- Premium Foods USA, Inc., Recalls Siluriformes Products Produced Without Benefit of Import Inspection.
- Agropur Cooperative is recalling “Idéale” brand, “Iceberg Premium” brand and “Originale Augustin” brand ice cream and frozen yogurt products from the marketplace due to possible presence of fine metal particles.
- Associated Grocers is recalling certain Celebrate brand frozen profiteroles and eclairs from the marketplace because of a risk of possible Salmonella contamination.
- Gaia Garden Herbals Inc. of Vancouver, Canada, is recalling Gaia Garden Herbal Dispensary brand “Gaia Balancing Tea” from the marketplace because of the risk of Salmonella contamination.
- FDA warns about fresh basilimported from Siga Logistics de RL de CV from Morelos in Mexico.
- Target and Fresh Market recall egg salads and sandwichesdue to listeria risk. Elevation Foods is voluntarily recalling some containers of Archer Farms-brand egg salad; Freskëtbrand egg salad, tuna salad, and Thai lobster salad; and Archer Farms-brand deviled egg sandwiches produced on June 18, 2019.
- Mountain Rose Herbs (MRH) of Eugene, Oregon is recalling all sizes ranging from 4 oz. to 50 lbs. of its Fennel Seed Whole, Lot #25031, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
Infant & Children Products
- Stokke Recalls Infant Steps Bouncers Due to Fall Hazard. The Stokke Steps Bouncer can detach from the Stokke Steps Chair, posing a fall hazard to the child in the Bouncer.
- The Boppy Company Recalls Infant Head and Neck Support Accessories Due to Suffocation Hazard. The head support area can be overstuffed and cause the infant’s head to be tilted too far forward, posing a suffocation hazard.
- Trek Recalls Kickster Bikes Due to Fall Hazard. The steer tube clamp on the bike can break, posing a fall hazard to children.
- H&M Recalls Children’s Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s pajama sets fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Britax Recalls Modified Thru-Bolt Axles for Use with BOB Jogging Strollers Distributed Through the BOB Information Campaign Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The modified thru-bolt on the front wheel can fracture, allowing the wheel to detach from the stroller, posing fall and injury hazards to children in the stroller and adults operating the stroller.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- The Lennox Intl Inc located in Edison NJ, is voluntary recalling its Natural Pig ears because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Spansive Recalls Wireless Phone Chargers Due To Burn Hazard. Metallic accessories attached to phones placed on the chargers can overheat while phones charge, posing a burn hazard to users.
- Vivo recalls speaker wall mounts. The ledge on the front of the speaker wall mount can loosen, allowing the speakers to fall.
- Cycling Sports Group Recalls Cannondale CAADX Cyclocross BicyclesDue to Fall and Serious Injury Hazard; One Fatality Reported. The fork can break, posing a fall hazard with the risk of death and serious injury.
- Bodum USA of New York, N.Y., is recalling about 2,600 Bodum Bistro toasters sold in the U.S. and Canada. The toasters can leak electric current when operating at the maximum normal temperature, posing a shock hazard.
- Factory Direct Wholesale recalls folding mattresses. The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard.
- Porter Cable Table Saws Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s Stores Recalled Due to Fire Hazard; Made by Chang Type. The motor can overheat, creating a fire hazard.
- The FDA Takes Action to Protect Patients from Risk of Certain Textured Breast Implants; Requests Allergan Voluntarily Recall Certain Breast Implants and Tissue Expanders from the Market: FDA Safety Communication.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com