Recalls include makeup kit for kids, chicken nuggets and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 32 recalls to be aware of this week:
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Hamilton Medical AG Issues Recall (Correction) of all HAMILTON-G5 Ventilators (PN 159001 that contains the software versions ≤ 2.60) Due to User Error Message “Panel Connection Lost”.
- Novis PR is recalling five lots of liquid cough syrup PECGEN DMX. The product label contains incorrect dosage information and fails to advise consumers to consult a doctor for children under 2 years of age.
- JaguarLand Rover North America is recalling 3,083 model year 2019-2020 I-PACE vehicles. If the electrical regenerative brake system fails, there will be an increased delay between when the driver brakes and when the vehicle decelerates.
- Ram to recall 1500 trucks from the 2019 and 2020 model years might have faulty Occupant Restraint Controllers (ORC). The flash memory in the ORCs could become corrupt, which would then interfere with the pickups’ safety features. As a result, the seat belt pretensioners and the airbags could become disabled. This is obviously a major problem, should occupants get into a crash after this occurs.
- Suzuki recalls model year 2018-2019 Burgman 200/UH200 scooters. The movable drive plate of the Continuously Variable Transmission may break.
- Indian Motorcycle Company is recalling 6,487 model year 2014 Chief and Chieftain motorcycles. Due to a problem within the Vehicle Control Module (VCM), all of the front lights, including the headlight, may go out while the vehicle is being ridden.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River recalls model year 2019-2020 R. Pod travel trailers. The wire for the refrigerator’s spark igniter may melt.
- Model year 2019-2020 Coachmen Beyond, Crossfit and Galleria motorhomesrecalled. The air conditioning system wiring may be undersized.
- Airstream recalls various travel trailers with spare tire issue. The spare tire carrier and tire may separate from the vehicle.
- Polaris Recalls RZR Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. Model Year 2019 Polaris RZR XP 4 Turbo S recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs).
- Polaris Recalls Recreational Off Highway Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. An incorrectly wired chassis harness can cause an incorrect throttle control signal to the electric drive motor, which can cause the vehicle to accelerate unexpectedly, posing a crash hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Johnsonville has initiated an international recall of some of its smoked sausage after a consumer complained about finding hard, green plastic in some jalapeño cheddar smoked sausage. More than 95,000 pounds of the smoked sausage, all produced and packaged on March 12, are subject to the recall.
- Perdue is recalling almost 16 tons of chicken nuggets, tenders and strips. Consumers reported finding pieces of bone in the products. Purdue distributed the 31,703 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products to retailers nationwide.
- Allergy Alert Issued for Undeclared Milk, Pine Nuts and Walnuts in Two Specialty Pesto Products Sold in North Atlantic Whole Foods Market Stores.
- Kroger Recalls Private Selection Frozen Triple Berry Medley (48 oz), Private Selection Frozen Triple Berry Medley (16 oz), and Private Selection Frozen Blackberries (16 oz) manufactured by Townsend Farms due to possible Hepatitis A contamination.
- Los Hernandez Tamales of Moxee, Wash., is recalling approximately 9,090 pounds of chicken and pork tamales. The products did not undergo federal inspection.
- Tyson Foods, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Chicken Fritter Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Taylor Farms Illinois, Inc. Recalls Bacon Quiche Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Table 87 Frozen, LLC Recalls Pork Pizza Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- Maxfield Seafood recalls Yellow Walking Fish and Mystus Fish. The products were not federally inspected prior to importation.
- J Deluca Fish Company recalls Yellow Walking Fish. The product did not undergo import re-inspection into the U.S.
- A Canadian company is recalling Apricot Power brand apricot pits and seed meal because they contain the toxin amygdalin, which can cause cyanide poisoning.
- MyChopChop is recalling “Grounded Peper” because government testing showed possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
- Air France has issued a warning after Listeria was detected in tuna sandwiches served on certain flights in May. Servair, the supplier of the airline’s on-board catering service, reported the pathogen was found in the sandwiches from self-service on-board buffets.
Infant & Children Products
- Claire’s recalls JoJo Siwa’s makeup kit for tweens after finding asbestos in it. Claire’s JoJo Siwa Makeup Set (Batch/Lot No. S180109), which contains eyeshadow, two lip glosses and nail polish, is geared toward young girls and teens.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Cargill’s animal nutrition business is expanding its earlier recall of select Southern States feed. The products contain levels of aflatoxin that exceed the Food and Drug Administration’s action levels. Livestock, horses, and poultry exposed to elevated levels of aflatoxin are at risk of exposure to several health effects.
- Apple Recalls Three-Prong Wall Plug Adapters Included in World Travel Adapter Kit Due to Risk of Electric Shock. The three-prong AC wall plug adapters can break and expose the metal portion of the adapter, posing an electric shock risk.
- Target recalls USB charging cables. The metal around the cord can become electrically charged.
- Xtreme Outdoor Products Recalls Climbing Sticks Due to Fall Hazard and Risk of Serious Injury. The climbing sticks can break due to a bolt failure on the center step, posing a fall hazard and risk of serious injury.
- Generation Brands Recalls Glass Pendant Light Fixtures Due to Risk of Injury. The small glass pendant light fixtures can detach from their electrical cord, causing the fixture to fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury from impact.
- The Village Company recalls La Bella Extreme Sport Styling Gel. The product may be contaminated with bacteria.
- Drip More, LP Voluntarily Recalls Four Lots of Candy King – Worms 3 mg 100 mL due to Elevated Nicotine Content.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com