Recalls include Land Rovers and Mazdas, desks and toys
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be …
Recalls include Land Rovers and Mazdas, desks and toys
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 37 recalls to be aware of this week:
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Hamilton Medical AG Recalls Hamilton-G5 Ventilators Due to Potential for Sporadic Error Message Resulting in the Ventilator to Cease Ventilation and Enter Ambient State.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall Of Multiple Ophthalmic ProductsSold At CVS.
- DaVinci Laboratories Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish Allergen in Omega-3 1000 Product Lot 35532200.
- Nature’s Truth recalls wintergreen essential oil. The bottles are not child resistant as required by law.
- Land Rover is recalling 65,385 model year 2013-2016 Ranger Rovers and model year 2014-2016 Range Rover Sports that were previously recalled in June 2015. Due to a problem with the Keyless Vehicle Latching System (KV Latch), the doors may appear to be closed but may be unlatched.
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 25,003 model year 2019 Mazda 3s. The lug nuts on all four wheels may loosen, potentially resulting in a wheel detaching from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mazda is recalling more than 262,000 SUVs and cars in the U.S. to fix a software problem that could cause the engines to stall unexpectedly. Mazda traced the problem to a software error in the computer that controls the valves as part of the vehicles’ fuel-saving cylinder deactivation technology.
- Ford Focus recall: Automaker recalls 58,000 vehicles that could get deformed fuel tank. The recall is intended to fix an “incomplete” powertrain control module software fix that was implemented during an earlier recall.
- Jeep has issued yet another recall for the 2014 Cherokee. Once again, issues with the transmission could lead to the vehicle unexpectedly shifting into neutral. The loss of drive could be potentially dangerous to those in the car and surrounding vehicles.
- General Motors is recalling more than 159,000 2014-2019 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks in Canada due to a potential fire risk. GM says the rear defroster circuit could overheat on trucks optioned with the power-sliding rear window. Thus far, there is no word on the recall’s relation to U.S. vehicles.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River recalls Berkshire Coach Ultra UL1912 and UL1913 motorhomes. The block heater’s wiring could become over heated or melt.
- Forest River recalls model year 2019-2020 Cherokee trailers. The federal placard contains incorrect weight information.
- Forest River is recalling six model year 2020 Work and Play fifthwheel (WPF33W17) trailers. The 12V and 110V cables for an optional generator may not be isolated from objects stored in the generator compartment, which can result in an electrical short and increase the risk of fire.
- Forest River is recalling 688 model year 2019-2020 Georgetown and FR3 motorhomes. The slim-rack slide out mechanisms may activate unintentionally, moving the slide room in or out unexpectedly.
- Forest River is recalling 2,114 model year 2017-2020 Coachmen Chapparal, Chapparal Lite, Chapparal X-Lite and Shasta Phoenix recreational trailers. The outside kitchen may be equipped with a standard outlet receptacle and not a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) protected outlet.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Flowers Foods Issues Voluntary Recall of Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns and Other Bakery Foods Due to Plastic Pieces Found in Products.
- PROBAR LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk and Soy in Select Flavors of Meal® Bars.
- Baumer Foods Inc. Issues Isolated Recall for Undeclared Allergen in Pics Soy Sauce Sold in the Northeast.
- Ada Valley Gourmet Foods, Inc. Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Bagged kale salad kits sold under the well-known Eat Smart brand are under recall in Canada because of test results involving Listeria monocytogenes.
- Fieldsource Food Systems, Inc. Recalls Beef and Poultry Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Fairmont Foods recalls ready-to-eat pork and beef gravy. The products may be contaminated with extraneous materials.
Infant & Children Products
- Lidl Recalls Wooden Grasping Toys Due to Choking Hazard. The wooden wheels can detach and release small parts, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Disney Recalls the Forky 11” Plush Toy Due to Choking Hazard. The “googly” plastic eyes on the toy can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- GE Healthcare, LLC Recalls Giraffe Infant Warmers and Panda i-Res Infant Warmers Due to Bedside Panels and Latch Areas Cracking or Breaking.
- Swaddle Bee Recalls Children’s Security Blankets Due to Choking Hazard. The blanket’s snaps can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- The Company Store recalls girl’s pajama sets. The garments fail to meet the federal flammability standard.
- Just Love Fashion recalls children’s pajama pants. The garments fail to meet the federal flammability standard.
- Bose Recalls EdgeMax® and FreeSpace® Loudspeakers Due to Injury Hazard. The loudspeaker’s mounting components can break causing the speakers to dislodge and fall from its installed location, posing an injury hazard.
- Levolor Recalls Custom Cellular Shades Due to Strangulation Hazard. The pull cords are joined by a non-breakaway cord connector, which poses a strangulation hazard for small children.
- Lifetime Brands Recalls Fitz and Floyd Nevaeh White Can Mugs Due to Burn and Laceration Hazards. The mugs can crack or break when used with or exposed to hot liquids, posing burn and laceration hazards.
- Universal Security Instruments Recalls to Inspect Smoke Alarms Due to Risk of Failure to Alert Consumers to a Fire. The smoke alarms can have a misaligned internal switch causing the alarms to not activate properly, posing a risk of failure to alert consumers to a fire.
- Dolan Northwest recalls chandeliers. The top loop of the fixture can bend and break causing the chandelier to fall, posing an impact and laceration hazard.
- Office Depot Recalls Desks Due To Shock Hazard. The desk’s control box has an electrical issue resulting in reverse polarity, which could pose a shock hazard.
- Custom Molded Products Recalls Valve Caps Sold With Hot Tubs/Swim Spas Due to Impact Hazard. The valve cap on the hot tubs and swim spas can become loose, pop off and strike a bystander, posing an impact hazard.
- Everbilt Door Pulls Recalled Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot; Made by Wellsco International Group. The door pulls can have sharp edges on the back, posing a laceration hazard.
- Winco Fireworks Recalls Black Cat “Cat Mobiles” Due to Explosion, Burn and Projectile Hazards. When ignited, the device can burst and spread sparks and pyrotechnic materials upward and outward instead of on the ground as intended, posing explosion, burn and projectile hazards to bystanders.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com