Recalls include Kias and cookies, ice axes and more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 23 recalls to be aware of this week:
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Abbott (Formerly St. Jude Medical Inc.), Recalls Ellipse Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators Due to Exposed Aluminum Wires That May Prevent Defibrillation Therapy.
- Ridge Properties LLC DBA Pain Relief Naturally Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of PRE-TAT, Superior Pain and Itch Relief, and Soothing Sore Relief Cream and Gel Products Due to Microbiological Contamination and Superpotency.
- Pain Relief Naturally recalls itch and pain relief creams. The products have microbiological contamination.
- Ford has announced a small recall on 2020 Explorers and 2020 Lincoln Aviators. Select units might be missing a manual park release cover, while others might have instrument clusters stuck in Factory Mode. The recall affects 14,135 SUVs in total.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 11,423 model year 2019 Optimas equipped with Gamma 1.6L Turbo-GDI or Theta II 2.0L Turbo-GDI engines. A software error in the Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) system may cause the braking assist function to not engage when a stationary vehicle is detected.
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 22,571 model year 2019 Mazda3s with manual dimming mirrors. The adhesive between the interior rearview mirror and the housing may not be properly bonded, allowing the mirror to detach from the housing.
- Alfa Romeo is recalling 21,915 model year 2018-2019 Giulia and Stelvio vehicles. The Body Control Module (BCM) may indicate an inaccurate fuel level that displays higher than the actual amount.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- REV recalls American Coach American Eagle and American Heritage motorhomes. The rear air deflector may detach from the vehicle.
- Heartland recalls trailers with electrical issue. The A/C electrical connector may have been improperly installed, possibly causing increased electrical resistance and the connection to overheat.
- Jayco recalls model year 2019-2020 White Hawk Travel Trailers. The trailer brakes may not function if the trailer separates from the tow vehicle.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 485 model year 2020 Crossroads Hampton and Sunset recreational trailers. The breakaway switch may have been incorrectly wired, which can cause the trailer brakes to not function in the event of a trailer separation from the tow vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Bimbo Bakeries USA is recalling Entenmann’s Little Bites Soft Baked Cookies. The product may contain visible, blue plastic pieces in the individual packaging pouch introduced during the packaging process.
- Conagra Brands of Milton, Pa., is recalling approximately 32,400 pounds of canned beef products. A potential processing defect may have resulted in the potential survival of bacterial pathogens.
- FV Foods recalls Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. The product contains egg, an allergen not declared on the label in English.
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Limited Recall of Baby Spinach.
- Taylor Farms recalls breaded chicken products. A processing defect may have led to undercooking of the products.
- Top Taste Food Warehouse of Brooklyn, N.Y. is recalling an undetermined amount of pork and chicken dumplings. The products were produced, packed and distributed without undergoing federal inspection.
- PreGel America of Concord, N.C., is recalling a single lot of Lemon 50, a powdered flavoring. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Ruleau Brothers recalls Door County Whitefish Smoked Whitefish Pate. The product may contain egg, soy and anchovies, allergens not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products
- London Bridge is recalling about 7,500 infant sock and wrist rattle sets. Rattles sewn inside the socks and wristbands can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- BRP Expands Recall of Snowmobiles Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard. The vehicle’s fuel delivery system can leak fuel, posing a fire hazard.
- Seattle Manufacturing Corporation Recalls Ice AxesDue to Serious Injury and Fall Hazards. The spike and/or head of the ice axe can detach from the handle during use, posing serious injury and fall hazards to the climber.
- Super Jumper of South San Francisco, Calif., is recalling about 24,000 Super Jumper trampolines sold in the U.S., and Canada. The welds on the metal railings (legs) can fail, posing fall and injury hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com