Recalls include blackberries, cheese, tuna and dates
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be …
Recalls include blackberries, cheese, tuna and dates
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 35 recalls to be aware of this week:
Medical Devices & Equipment
- Mavidon Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of LemonPrep® Tubes and Single Use Cups.
- Sandoz recalls Ranitidine Hydrochloride capsules. The products are contaminated with NDMA, a probable cancer causer.
- Apotex recalls Ranitidine Hydrochloride tablets. The products are contaminated with NDMA, a probable cancer causer.
- Ford has announced two new safety recalls and is adding a vehicle to an old recall. The recalls affect 2019 F-Series Super Duty trucks, 2020 Explorers and 2020 Escapes.
- 2020 Toyota Supra recall concerns the driver’s seatbelt guide loop mount and the welds holding it in place.
- Model year 2020 Subaru Outbacks and Legacys recalled. The brake pedal mounting bracket may have a missing or insufficiently tightened bolt.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that Ducati North America (Ducati) is recalling certain 2014-2018 1199 SL, Panigale R (V2), 1299 SL, and 1299 FE motorcycles. Engine crankcase pressure can push engine oil into the airbox, possibly resulting in oil leaking from the airbox drain hose.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River is recalling 78 model year 2019-2020 Sabre trailers, models SRF261RK-C, SRF270RL-C and SRF301BH-C. The rotating pin box may come into contact with the 7-way junction box/wiring and cause an electrical short circuit. An electrical short circuit can pose the risk of a fire or cause unexpected brake failure, which can increase the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls model year 2020 Cherokee trailers. The distribution panel wiring may be exposed, leading to damage to the panel and wiring.
- Airstream is recalling 409 model year 2016-2017 International Serenity, model year 2016 International Signature, and Flying Cloud trailers that are 19 feet long. The vertically-mounted inverter may contact the floor-mounted inverter fuse, resulting in an electrical short, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Cruiser RV is recalling 15 model year 2020 Southfork recreational trailers. The wood backers for bunk supports were not installed on the slide out bunk end walls during manufacturing, possibly allowing the upper bunk bed to fall.
- Heartland Recreational Vehicles is recalling 28 model year 2020 Milestone recreational trailers. The wood backers for bunk supports were not installed on the slide out bunk end walls during manufacturing, possibly allowing the upper bunk bed to fall.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Cornerstone Premium Foods of Syracuse, NY, is recalling certain frozen blackberries because of the potential of being contaminated with norovirus following FDA testing that returned positive results for the pathogen.
- Whole Foods Market recalls cheese for risk of Listeria monocytogenes.
- King Arthur Flour Inc., Unbleached All-Purpose Flour recall expanded after tests show E. coli O26.
- Lipari Foods has recalled Lipari Old Tyme Bulk Chicken Salad, Lipari Old Tyme Bulk Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad, Premo Chicken Salad Wedge Sandwiches, Fresh Grab Chicken Salad Wedge Sandwiches, and Premo Signature Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad on Croissant, all for potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes.
- Mical Seafood Inc. Products included in the recall are frozen, wild-caught yellowfin tuna poke cubes, tuna loins, tuna ground meat and 6-ounce tuna steaks.
- Premium Foods USA Inc. of Woodside, NY, reported more than 40,000 pounds of imported catfish added to recall.
- St. Ann’s Foods Inc./Ryding-Regency Meat Packers Ltd. Recalled dozens of beef products due to E. coli investigation.
- Tip Top Poultry Inc., Grand Strand Sandwich is recalling chicken salad sandwiches because of potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Health officials are reporting that dozens more imported frozen chicken products are being recalled in Canada because of Listeria contamination. Outbreaks in the U.S. and Canada have been traced to such products that are under recall.
- California New Foods recalls frozen and refrigerated cookie dough. The products may contain peanuts and walnuts, allergens not declared on the label.
- Weaver Fundraising recalls Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch. The product may contain almonds, cashews and pecans, allergens not declared on the label.
- Super World Trading recalls dried dates. The product may contain sulfites not declared on the label.
- Rong Shing Trading recalls Ganchi Naiweitangpian candy. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Cellect Unflavored Powder & Essentials Factor Cell Synergy Unflavored Powder recalled. The product has unsafe levels of arsenic and lead.
- Fit For Life Recalls SPRI Ultra Heavy Resistance Bands Due to Injury Hazard. The rubber resistance bands can separate from the handle and strike consumers, posing an injury hazard.
- Fluidfreeride Recalls Mercane WideWheel Electric Scooters Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The brake caliper can fail causing the rider to lose control and suffer serious bodily harm, posing fall and injury hazards.
- E&E Recalls Bedroom Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards. The recalled dressers are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
- Ridgewood Recalls Four-Drawer Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Kmart. The recalled dressers are unstable and can tip over if not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
- Signature Hardware Recalls Bath Stools Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The bath stools can break during use, posing fall and injury hazards.
- DEWALT Recalls Utility Bars Due to Injury Hazard. The utility bar can break while being used for prying, posing an injury hazard to the user.
- Harbor Freight Tools Recalls Gordon Folding Knives Due to Laceration Hazard. The locking mechanism can fail to engage on extension of the blade, posing a laceration hazard.
- VIQUA Recalls Solenoid Valve Kits for UV Water Treatment Systems Due to Electrical Shock Hazard. Electrical current could leak from the solenoid valve, posing an electrical shock hazard to the user.
- FDA Warns Public to Stop Using Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-Containing Vaping Products and Any Vaping Products Obtained Off the Street.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com