Recalled: Chocolate bars, soup, dog food and tools
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 28 recalls to be aware of this week:
- Alfa Romeo (FCA US LLC) is recalling 19,114 model year 2018-2019 Stelvios and model year 2017-2019 Giulias. The Brake System Module (BSM) software may prevent the driver from disabling the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) after the traction control system detects a specific wheel slip, increasing the risk of crash.
- McLaren recalls MP4-12Cs, 650s, LTs, P1s and 570s. The vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules that may explode.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that Indian Motorcycle Co. is recalling certain 2019 Indian Scout, Scout Bobber and Scout Sixty motorcycles equipped with Anti-Lock Brake Systems (ABS). After the manufacturing process, air may remain trapped within the brake system, possibly reducing brake performance.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Jayco recalls model year 2019 North Point Fifth Wheel recreational trailers. The rivets that secure the stop bracket to the cargo tray may shear allowing the cargo tray to detach.
- Keystone recalls Alpine, High Country Montana, Avalanche and Montana recreational trailers. The rivets that secure the stop bracket to the cargo tray may shear allowing the cargo tray to detach.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Conagra Brands Announces Recall of a Limited Amount of Hunt’s Tomato Paste CansDue to Potential Presence of Mold.
- NadaMoo! Voluntarily Recalls Select Pints of Strawberry Cheesecake Due to Undeclared Almond.
- Theo Chocolate recalls dark chocolate bars. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Thomas Hammer Coffee Roasters recalls Blueberry Bread. The product may contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- AdvancePierre Foods, Inc. Recalls Frozen Beef Patties due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Blount Fine Foods Recalls Ready-To-Eat Chicken Soup Product due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- J&J Snack Foods Handhelds Corp. Recalls Stuffed Sandwich Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Tyson Foods Inc is recalling about 20,000 pounds of ready-to-eat beef patties due to plastic contamination, marking its third major product recall this year.
- Wakefern Food Corp. is recalling five varieties of Wholesome Pantry Organic nut buttersbecause they could be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Cretan Dry Mizythra hard cheese recalled in Canada for Listeria.
- USA LESS is recalling all lots of LEOPARD Miracle Honey, which is marketed as a dietary supplement for men for sexual enhancement. Analysis has found the product to be tainted with sildenafil making it an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established.
Infant & Children Products
- Amerex Group Recalls Infant Fur Jackets Due to Choking Hazard. The jacket’s snaps can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Midwest-CBK recalls baby rattle socks. The small ornaments can detach from the socks, posing a choking hazard.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- Darwin’s Natural Pet Productssilent recall surpassed 11 tons of raw dog food.
- Thogensen Family Farm Recalls Raw Frozen Ground Pet Food(Rabbit; Duck; Llama; Pork) Because of Possible Listeria MonocytogenesHealth Risk.
- Matco Tools Wireless Chargers Recalled by Professional Tool Products Due to Burn Hazard. The wireless chargers can overheat, posing a burn hazard.
- Spector & Co. Recalls Power Bank Chargers Due to Fire Hazard. The charger can overheat while recharging, posing a fire hazard.
- Quality Bicycle ProductsRecalls Bicycles Due To Injury Hazard. The bicycle’s fork legs can break, posing an injury hazard.
- Ocean Reef Recalls Neptune Space Integrated Diving Masks Due to Injury Hazard. The diving mask regulator can cause restricted airflow, posing an injury hazard to divers.
- John Deere Recalls Attachment Kits for Compact Utility Tractor Snow Blowers and Brooms Due to Injury Hazard. The Attachment Kits are missing the product Operator’s Manual which details proper attachment and use of the product, posing an injury hazard.
- Interline Brands recalls swivel fittings. This recall involves multiple sizes of ProPlus Brass Flare Swivel fittings used as connectors for copper tubing. The brass, gold-colored fittings connect two male flare nuts opposite to each other. The Swivels were used primarily for LP gas (propane) applications by professional installers.
- Vivitar Recalls Hot/Cold Massage Balls Due to Burn Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target. The massage balls can leak or rupture during or after microwaving, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- Cambridge Elevating recalls home elevator. The landing door can unlock without the elevator present.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com