Community Dog Stroll this Thursday
Do you love dogs? What about supporting small, local businesses? Assuming you’re not Ebenezer Scrooge prior to his ghostly visitors kickstarting his steely, cold heart, we’ll assume …
Community Dog Stroll this Thursday
Do you love dogs? What about supporting small, local businesses? Assuming you’re not Ebenezer Scrooge prior to his ghostly visitors kickstarting his steely, cold heart, we’ll assume you’re a fan of both.
And if that’s the case, you won’t want to miss the Community Dog Stroll happening at various small businesses throughout Bristol, Warren and Barrington on Thursday, Aug. 5, from 5 to 7 p.m.
Organized through a collaboration of the East Bay Chamber of Commerce, the Bristol Merchants Association, Discover Warren and the Barrington Business Association, the Community Dog Stroll is the first in what the Chamber hopes will become a series of events known as “First Thursdays”, which would take place the first Thursday of each month. The concept was generated by Bryan Hoffman and the East Bay Chamber’s PR Committee.
All businesses that have signed on to participate are either pet-friendly businesses where you can bring your dog inside, or will be providing some kind of dog-related service — from handing out treats, to hosting professional photographers who will snap a portrait of your four-legged bestie. Note that all pets must be on a leash, and all humans must clean up after their furry friends.
“The thought behind it was a lot of local businesses have suffered throughout this pandemic,” said Brenda Santos of the Bristol Merchants Association. “We wanted to do something for the community to be able to get out and visit the local businesses, see people and do something fun. We also know that around here, everybody loves their dogs.”
Event organizers hope it will encourage people to visit businesses they have never shopped at before, and familiarize people with the downtown areas that rely on such foot traffic and local support.
“We have so many great little small mom and pop businesses that a lot of people don’t even know are there,” said Dena Davis, an office administrator at Residential Properties in Barrington and a member of the East Bay Chamber’s PR Committee. “It’s a good opportunity to get people out and show them what’s there.”
The list of participating businesses includes:
• Rumford Pet Express - 182 County Road
• Pooch Pawsitive Dog Training - 182 County Road
• Brickyard Wine & Spirits - 250 County Road
• Piccolo’s Children Boutique - 290 County Road
• RE/MAX River’s Edge - 300 County Road
• Webster Bank - 262 County Road
• Residential Properties - 259 County Road
• Grapes & Grain - 24 Bosworth St.
• Planta Wellness - 24 Bosworth St.
• The Book Nerd - 70 Maple Ave.
• Style Unleashed - 232 Waseca Ave.
• Little Maven Lemonade - Police Cove Park
• Teaona Performing Arts LLC - Barrington Town Hall
• Imagine Gift Store - 6 Miller St.
• Hunky Dory - 40 Market St.
• Bevvie’s - 436 Main Street
• Uptown Food & Spirits - 437 Main St.
• Galactic Theatre - 440 Main St.
• Luca Boutique - 193 Water St.
• Beleza Shoppe - 119 Water St.
• Rhody Roots - 511 Main St.
• East Bay Chamber Office, 16 Cutler St., Suite 102
• Caron’s Jewelers - 476 Hope St.
• Paper, Packaging & Panache - 418 Hope St.
• Woof, Woof - 31 Bradford St.
• Babe & Tish - 47 Bradford St.
• Somewhere in Time - 433 Hope St.
• Hotpoint Emporium - 39 State St.
• The Sand Dollar - 54 State St.
• WINK - 17 State St.
• Pavlov’s Dog Food Truck - State Street
• Lilly’s Bone to Pick - State Street
• Rivers & Rhodes - 382 Thames St.
• Vantage Point Realty - 162 Thames St.
• Portside Tavern - 444 Thames St.
• Judge Roy Bean - 1 State St.
• Six Pack Brewing - 87 Gooding Ave.
Professional Dog Portraits available at
• Imagine Gift Store (5 Miller St., Warren) - Rae Shorter Photography
• Piccolo’s Children’s Boutique (290 County Road, Barrington) - Anna Kay Photography
• Hotpoint Emporium (39 State St., Bristol) - Meredith Brower Photography
Music & Entertainment
• Art’s Alive will perform at 5 p.m. at Barrington Town Hall
• Michelle Lavin, musician and singer, will perform starting at 6 p.m. at Barrington Town Hall
Check out an interactive map of all participating locations below: