Artec Group, a leading manufacturer and developer of 3D scanners and 3D face recognition devices has just announced the month-long Winter Fun with Kinect worldwide competition challenging contestants to submit 3D models scanned with Kinect, ASUS Xtion or Primesense sensors – or Artec’s Eva 3D scanner. The main theme for submission is the winter season. Running from January 28th to February 28th 2013, the Winter Fun with Kinect contest is open to anyone – with unlimited entries. Participation couldn’t be easier; simply download the free trial version of Artec Studio, scan any object associated with winter and upload to htth://viewshape.com. The most creative, most original and best executed 3D models will be chosen by the judging panel.
Simply scan any objects that come to your mind when you think of winter season. It could be a pair of ice skates, a funky snowman, a Xmas tree or your favorite reindeer sweater.
Submit your 3D model to www.ViewShape.com and tag it as #WinterFun. Viewshape is a free 3D model uploader, where you can view your scanned objects at different angles, save them and share with your buddies.
Eva 3D scanner pros are also welcome to participate along with Kinect users. Just tag your 3D model as #WinterFunEva on ViewShape.
There are separate awards for Kinect winners and the winners that use Eva.
- $1000 prize Kinect/ $1500 Eva
- $750 prize Kinect/ $1000 Eva
- $500 prize Kinect/ $750 Eva
- People’s Choice: $250 prize for both categories
10 runners-up will get the full version of Artec Studio and it will be yours forever.
Artem Yukhin, President of Artec Group, commented: “We are very excited to hold the Winter Fun with Kinect contest. The Artec team has introduced 3D face recognition technology and created a real-time handheld professional 3D scanner. Today, Artec Studio for Kinect takes professional 3D scanning to a new, broader audience of gamers and enthusiasts eager to learn firsthand about 3D scanning.”
How to Enter
To take part in The Winter Fun with Kinect contest follow these simple steps:
- Download Artec Studio, free trial https://my.artec3d.com/. Registration is required. Take a look at the tutorials to execute 3D scanning properly.
- Upload your model to Viewshape.com and tag it as WinterFun or WinterFunEva
For more details and full Terms and Conditions, please visit the official promo page of the contest: http://www.artec3d.com/winter-fun-with-kinect/
January, 28th, 2013 at 12.00 am GMT +4
Entries Accepted Until:
February, 28st, 2013 at 12.00 pm GMT +4
March, 4th, 2013
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- The contest is open to residents of all countries.
- Unlimited number of entries per person
- We reserve the right to deny any entries in accordance with our content restrictions. See more http://viewshape.com/terms-of-use.
- Please exercise common sense and good judgment of the main theme for submissions.
- Artec Studio is compatible with Microsoft Kinect, Asus Xtion/Xtion Pro, Intel Creative and Primesense sensors. All the 3D sensors mentioned above could be used for contest entries. Please note that ViewShape and Artec Studio are the registered trademarks of Artec Group, all the other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The contest is not affiliated with these companies in any way.
- We reserve the right to change the contest timeline.
- No international logos should be used
1. Please read this- http://viewshape.com/copyright-and-intellectual-property-policy.
2. Download your free trial version of ARTEC STUDIO.