Ambient Design www.artrage.com, the award-winning creator of realistic art painting software for Mac, Windows, iPad, and iPhone, released today the new ArtRage 4, a major upgrade of the popular paint software for Mac and Windows, available now for download at http://www.artrage.com/artrage-store.html.
ArtRage 4 offers unique touch-friendly workflow advantages optimized for pen tablet users. The art creation app takes full advantage of the new Windows 8 multi-touch tablets, laptops, and desktops. ArtRage 4 not only allows rotation, scale, and movement of the canvas with two fingers, but it can even utilize simple multi-touch gestures with layers, selections, rulers, stencils, stickers and reference images. Whether using a pen, brush, drawing tablet, mouse or even a finger, ArtRage provides the experience of actually “painting” digitally on a computer canvas with oil paints that smear and blend, and watercolors that flow together to create soft, wet gradations, just as they would in a traditional art studio.
Available immediately for Mac and Windows 8, 7, XP, Vista and earlier computers, tablets, interactive white boards, and touch screens, major improvements in ArtRage 4 include the ability to create “mirrors” that reflect strokes as paint is applied; floating scraps of canvas that can be used like mixing palettes; a Workbench Toolbar; tighter user interface with the essentials for ease of use; improved workflow; better clone and fill tools; optimization for Windows 8, and more.
For a full list of new features, see: http://www.artrage.com/artrage4.html.
New ArtRage 4 Features Include:
- Paint Symmetry: Automatically mirrors strokes across the canvas as they are made by reflecting or rotating the path of the tool around a customizable center point.
- Toolbox Panel: Make a single interface panel to gather colors, presets, and other items that are relevant to the current painting.
- Floating Views: Floating windows that display viewports in to part or all of the canvas during painting.
- Scraps: Paint on independent, floating scraps of canvas that can be used like mixing palettes or test sheets.
- Workbench Toolbar: Collapse the entire interface into a single toolbar with customizable space for tools required for the current painting.
- Front End Redesign: The interface has been restructured and tweaked to improve workflow and clarity.
- Clone Tool: Clone paint tool with all of its properties across the canvas.
- Pattern & Gradient Fills: New Fill Tool allows the creation of gradations and tiled pattern fills.
- Wacom Stylus Property Support: Take advantage of Pressure, Tilt, Barrel Rotation, and the Airbrush Wheel available on some Wacom Styluses. ArtRage also recognizes individual styluses, allowing tools to be assigned to them for quick selection when they are brought back to the tablet.
- Backup File System: Automatically saves backups of previous generations of paintings to prevent destructive edits deleting old work.
- Optimized for Windows 8: Takes full advantage of the new Windows 8 multi-touch tablets, laptops, and computers.
Availability and Upgrade
ArtRage 4 is available immediately, priced at $49.90 at: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-store.html. ArtRage.com purchases of ArtRage Studio Pro made since January 7th, 2013 will be eligible for a free upgrade to ArtRage 4. Owners of any other desktop version of ArtRage will receive a 50% discount on ArtRage 4 upgrades. See comparison chart: http://www.artrage.com/files/artrage_product_comparison.pdf.