August’s ART Night is tonight, from 5 – 9 p.m.
Five studios will be open to the public for an up-close look at where the artists’ work is created.
ART Night takes place in Bristol and Warren on the last Thursday of every month from April to October. A free trolley service runs between venues in both towns. ART Night is a partnership between the Warren Arts Initiative and Bristol Independent Galleries. Event night programs and brochures are available at all participating venues.
• Artists whose studios are open this month include Cindy Daniels, oil painting and photography, at 412 Thames St., Bristol. Her inspiration is nature.
• Denise Zompa, oil painting, at The Paint Studio Gallery, Thames Street (across from Harbor Bath & Body), Bristol. Her colorful contemporary work includes local scenes and more abstract landscapes.
• Will Schaff, artist, at 164 Water St., Warren. He has created works for private commissions, galleries, authors and notable musicians.
• Alan Paul Sousa, painter and sculptor, at 1309 Hope St., Bristol. His favorite subjects are landscapes and series of the local area. He creates carved and found object sculptures as well as large-scale commissioned pieces such as carousel horses.
• Maya Tavares, handwoven textiles, at 49 Bradford St., Bristol. She handweaves functional home decor and accessories using fibers like cotton and bamboo.
For more information about ART Night, and all the participating galleries and business partners, visit www.artnightbristolwarren.org.