PORTSMOUTH — From the open livestock and horse shows to the cow pie throwing contest, there will be no shortage of family fun to be had at the Eastern Rhode Island 4-H Country Fair this weekend at Glen Park.
The fair runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 19-20. Admission is $2 and the fair offers free ongoing activities and games for children.
The fair committee is looking for volunteers to join the group or to help at the fair, either for community service or just to lend a hand. If you’re interested, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a complete schedule of events. For more information, visit http://eri4hfair.webs.com.
Saturday, July 19
• 9 a.m.: 4-H outdoor exhibit registration, Sakonnet Martial Arts
• 10 a.m.: Amusements open, K-9 Instincts demo
• 11 a.m.: Ma’s Donut eating contest, Lucky Bob (prop comic)
• 11:30 a.m.: Registration for cow pie throwing contest
• Noon: Cat Country Live!, Town Howlers square dance
• 12:15 p.m.: Li’l Bears pie eating contest
• 1 p.m.: Cow pie throwing contest (cash prizes), 4-H dairy cow show, Vallari’s Martial Arts Studio
• 2 p.m.: Pig show, Cindy Lane and the Double E Band, Lucky Bob (prop comic)
• 3 p.m.: DeCastro’s watermelon eating contest, Elite School of Dance, 4-H tractor driving contest
• 5 p.m.: Chicken barbecue dinner ($12 per person; e-mail email@example.com to reserve tickets), cow chip bingo winner
Sunday, July 20
• 9 a.m.: 4-H open horse show, garden tractor pulls,
• 10 a.m. amusements open, 4-H poultry and open rabbit show breed judging, 4-H open beef show, children’s tractor pedal pull contest
• 11 a.m.: Ma’s Donut eating contest, 4-H rabbit and poultry knowledge test, Stagedoor Dance Studio
• 11:30 a.m.: Children’s decorated bike parade (winner gets $40 gift card from Pedal Power)
• Noon: 4-H animal parade, Cindy Lane and the Double E Band, Mad Science, 4-H open dairy goat show
• 1 p.m.: Rabbit show, poultry show
• 1:30 p.m.: Pet show registration
• 2 p.m.: Pet show, Mad Science
• 3 p.m. Pig obstacle course, Anna D’s ice create eating contest
• 4:30 p.m.: Antique garden and tractor parade