Two nights in a row, Tiverton man is charged with B &E


TIVERTON — After allegedly breaking into a liquor store one night, being apprehended and released, then allegedly breaking into Tiverton High School the next night, a 29-year old Tiverton man faces an assortment of charges.

Nathan R. Fournier, 29, of 23 Margaret Street, Tiverton, is charged with breaking and entering a business, and with breaking and entering another building with criminal intent (both felonies), with vandalism and malicious injury to property, and with larceny under $1,500 (for wrenches taken at the high school).

At 2:24 a.m., Saturday, July 13, police responded to Crossroads Liquor near Bliss Corner and found the doors broken in and blood on the floor, Tiverton Police Captain Patrick Jones said. They called the owner who said that shortly before he'd driven past the Subway on Stafford Road and seen a man with a bottle banging on the door. When police went to Subway, they found Mr. Fournier with a bottle of Bacardi Rum in his hand, and took him into custody.

Captain Jones said Mr. Fournier was taken before a Justice of the Peace on Saturday, and was released on his own recognizance.

Late Saturday night at 11:56 p.m., Captain Jones said, the alarm at Tiverton High School went off. Police found glass broken, a fire extinguisher activated, computers thrown to the floor, and the janitors' office vandalized.

While searching the school, police found Mr. Fournier asleep at a desk in the Tech Room where the computers were located. By 12:13 a.m., the captain said, Mr. Fornier was again in custody.

Mr. Fournier is now being held at the Adult Correctional Institutions.


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

2016 by East Bay Newspapers

Barrington · Bristol · East Providence · Little Compton · Portsmouth · Prudence Island · Riverside · Rumford · Seekonk · Tiverton · Warren · Westport
Meet our staff
Mike Rego

Mike Rego has worked at East Bay Newspapers since 2001, helping the company launch The Westport Shorelines. He soon after became a Sports Editor, spending the next 10-plus years in that role before taking over as editor of The East Providence Post in February of 2012. To contact Mike to submit information, suggest story ideas or photo opportunities, etc., email