Rhode Island State Police accepts applications for 2015 academy
NORTH SCITUATE — The Rhode Island State Police is embarking on a recruitment drive in preparation for the September 2015 Training Academy.
The State Police is seeking honest, intelligent, hard working, and dedicated men and women to apply. Service in the State Police requires active, intelligent people whose reputations are above reproach. High moral, mental, and physical standards are demanded and maintained.
Individuals who wish to be considered for employment by the Rhode Island State Police must meet the following General Requirements:
- An applicant must be a citizen of the United States.An applicant must possess a valid operator’s license.
- An applicant must have reached the age of eighteen (18) years in order to be admitted as a candidate to the Rhode Island State Police Training Academy. The maximum age of admission to the Training Academy is age thirty-five (35).
- An applicant must be a high school graduate, or have obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) issued by a State Department of Education.There are no maximum or minimum height requirements.
- An applicant’s weight must be in proportion to his/her height.
- An applicant must possess visual acuity of 20/40 (binocular vision) or better without correction, and visual acuity of 20/20 or better with corrective lenses (glasses/contact lenses).
- An applicant must possess normal color and depth perception as determined by a Division physician.
- An applicant must possess normal hearing ability, as determined by a Division physician, without the use of mechanical or electronic aids.
Applications must be submitted from the Rhode Island State Police web site (www.risp.ri.gov). Applications to be considered must be properly completed and received by the State Police via the Internet no later than Saturday, May 31, 2014.
Further, information regarding applicant qualifications and the selection process, as well as other pertinent information, can be accessed through the Recruitment web page, which provides the general and physical fitness requirements, along with each phase of the applicant selection process.
The Rhode Island State Police is an equal opportunity employer.