Recalls include pain cream, Mitsubishis, baby clothes, more
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 26 recalls to be aware of this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment
- AirLife Humidification Chamber, Heated Breathing Circuit Kits by Vyaire Medical: Class I Recall – Manufacturing Error.
- Walgreens Pain and Itch Relief Cream Recalled by Natureplex Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement. The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The pain and itch relief cream contains lidocaine, posing a risk of poisoning to young children.
- Magno-Humphries Laboratories is recalling one lot of Basic Drugs Brand of Senna Laxative 8.6 mg tablets. A customer complaint that the bottle was mislabeled and actually contained Basic Drugs brand of Naproxen Sodium 220 mg. tablets, a pain reliever and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- Kareway Products, Inc Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Gericare Eye Wash due to Complaints Received on Potential Product Contamination which Compromises Sterility.
- Imodium (loperamide) for Over-the-Counter Use: Drug Safety Communication – FDA Limits Packaging To Encourage Safe Use.
- Ocaliva (obeticholic acid): Drug Safety Communication – Boxed Warning Added to Highlight Correct Dosing.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is recalling:
- 56,641 model year 2007-2010 Outlanders, 2008-2010 Lancers, 2009-2010 Lancer Evolutions, and 2010 Lancer Sportbacksequipped with sunroofs. The sunroof glass may detach from the sunroof assembly, becoming a road hazard to other vehicles, increasing the risk of a crash.
- 170,354 model year 2014-2016 Outlander and model year 2013-2016 Outlander Sport vehicles. Water may enter the rear brake calipers causing the parking brake actuator shafts to corrode and possibly bind.
- 141,053 model year 2009-2012 Lancers, model year 2008-2012 Outlanders, model year 2010-2012 Lancer Sportbacks and model year2011-2012 Outlander Sports equipped with either a 4B11 or 4B12 engine. The drive belt automatic tensioner flange may crack, allowing the accessory drive belt to detach. If the drive belt detaches, the battery will discharge and the engine will stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Aston Martin The Americas is recalling 1,027 model year 2017-2018 DB11 V12 Coupes and DB11 V8 Coupes. The driver’s front airbag may deploy unexpectedly due to insufficient grounding of the steering components if an electrostatic discharge occurs and the airbag clockspring is broken.
- Dainese S.p.A is recalling 325 AGV Carbon Modular motorcycle full-face, flip-up helmets, model AGV 580. The glue applied to the screws that secure the chin bar components together may have contacted the chin base polycarbonate material causing it to deteriorate prematurely.
- Indian Motorcycle Company is recalling 7,392 model year 2015-2017 Roadmaster motorcycles. Water may enter the trunk wiring harness, potentially causing the brake light to remain illuminated even when the brakes are not applied.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River is recalling 223 model year 2017-2018 Forest River Cherokee travel trailers. A 14-gauge and a 12-gauge neutral wire for the 110V air conditioning were connected to the same lug in the 120V panel neutral bus bar.
- Forest River is recalling 152 model year 2018 Surveyor recreational trailers, models SVT266RLDS, SVT285IKDS, SVT285IKLE, SVT323BHLE, SVT33KRETS, SVT33KRLOK and SVT33KRLTS. The vehicles were built with a circuit breaker that allows more current that the wiring can handle, which can cause the wiring to melt, increasing the risk of a fire.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Whip City Jerky, LLC Recalls Beef Jerky Products Due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- JFC International Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Crustacean Shellfish (Shrimp, Crab) in Daisho Kimchi Hot Pot Soup Base.
- Bulletproof 360 is recalling one lot of Bulletproof Collagen Protein dietary supplement. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label. The recalled product is packaged in a 16-oz. composite-film bag with the UPC 8 15709 02115 3.
- Products Pacheco recalls bakery products. The products may contain numerous allergens not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products
- Vornado Air Recalls Cribside Space Heaters Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. A broken motor mount can allow the electric heating element to come in contact with the interior plastic materials and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Infant Bodysuits Recalled Due to Choking Hazard; Made by Alstyle. The snaps at the crotch can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- JustFoodForDogs recalls three daily diets. The products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- LEDVANCE Recalls Recessed Canister Light Kits Due to Shock and Electrocution Hazards. The recalled recessed canister light kits can short circuit, posing a shock and electrocution hazard when consumers try to troubleshoot flickering lights.
- Hunter Douglas Recalls Privacy Sheer Blinds Due to Strangulation Hazard. The cord restraints on the combination wand/cord of the sheer blinds can break, posing a strangulation hazard to children.
- Cordless Electric ChainsawsRecalled Due to Injury Hazard; Distributed by Hongkong Sun Rise Trading. The chain brake guard in the cordless electric chainsaw can fail and allow the chainsaw to continue operating, posing an injury hazard to users.
- John Deere Recalls Compact Utility Tractors Due To Crash and Injury Hazards. The brakes can fail, posing crash and injury hazards.
- John Deere Recalls ZTrak Riding Mowers Due to Laceration Hazard. The mower’s blades can continue to rotate under power when the operator leaves the seat, posing a laceration risk to the user or bystander.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com