Recalls include almond milk, egg rolls and ellipticals
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 25 recalls to be aware of this week.
- Zithromax, Zmax (azithromycin): FDA Warning – Increased Risk of Cancer Relapse with Long-Term Use after Donor Stem Cell Transplant.
- AuroMedics Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Piperacillin and Tazobactamfor Injection 3.375 grams per vial, Due to Presence of Particulates Identified as Glass and Silicone Material.
- Subaru recalls model year 2018 Foresters. The certification label may contain incorrect wheel and tire information.
- Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.4M Ram pickups: Tailgates could open. Power locking mechanisms may break and unlatch the tailgate.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Forest River Wildwood and River Salem recreational trailers recalled. The outside auxiliary shower faucet cover may cover the water heater exhaust panel.
- Newmar recalls model year 2018 motorhomes with electrical issue. The vehicles’ slide-out rooms may move in or out unexpectedly.
- Model year 2019 Jayco Alante and Precept motorhomes recalled. The windshield wiper arms may lift away from the windshield.
- Forest River recalls recreation vehicles with power window issue. Liquid may leak into the driver’s power window switch causing corrosion.
- Keystone RV recalls model year 2019 Summerland recreational trailers. The federal identification label may contain incorrect tire rim information.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- Voluntary Recall of Hostess Cookies ‘n Creme Brownies.
- HP Hood LLC Recalls Select Units of Half-Gallon Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk due to Possible Milk Allergen.
- Sweet Earth Foods Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Egg and Milk in Aloha BBQ QuesadillasDue to Mismatched Packaging.
- Van Oriental Foods Inc. Recalls Pork Egg Rolls Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Star Natural Meats, LLC Recalls Raw Pork Sausage Productsdue to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- TeaSource recalls Roasted Chestnut loose leaf tea. The product may contain almonds, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Mojave Foods recalls El Guapo Jamaica Hibiscus Flower pouches. The products contain peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- AJ International Trading recalls Wulama brand Fish Tofu and Want Want brand Shake Jelly. The products may contain egg, sesame, and milk not declared on the label.
Pet Food & Animal Products
- ADM Animal Nutrition recalls Mintrate 36-15 Breed Right cattle feed. The product may contain elevated levels of non-protein nitrogen.
- Zebra Technologies Expands Recall of Power Supply Units for Thermal Printers Due to Fire Hazard. The power supply units can degrade and corrode over time when exposed to moisture and overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Additional Incidents Prompt Johnson Health Tech to Reannounce Recall of Matrix Fitness Ascent Trainers and Ellipticals Due to Fire Hazard. Moisture from user perspiration or cleaning liquids can build up in the power socket on the unit, causing a short circuit, posing a fire hazard.
- BMC Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard. Variations in tire dimension, tire pressure, head set play and ride load, can result in insufficient space between the front wheel and downtube, posing a fall hazard.
- Arctic Cat Snowmobiles Recalled by Textron Specialized Vehicles Due to Injury Hazard. The handgrip can break, posing an injury hazard to the rider.
- Clean Republic Recalls Hill Topper Electric Bike Motor Controllers Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. Water can enter the motor controller and cause it to accelerate on its own, posing a crash and injury hazard to the rider.
- Rena Ware Recalls Nutrex Pressure Cookers Due to Burn Hazard. The recalled pressure cookers can discharge steam at lower pressures than intended, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
- Miller Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standard; Explosion and Burn Hazards. The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory requirements for this product. Overloaded fireworks can result in a greater than expected explosion, posing burn and explosion hazards to consumers. The fireworks are banned hazardous substances and are prohibited from being sold under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA).
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com