Portsmouth residents asked to report storm damage


PORTSMOUTH — Portsmouth residents are asked to report any property damage to the Portsmouth Emergency Operations Center at-643.0250 or 643-0252.

The damage reports will be organized and transferred to FEMA; the Federal Emergency Management Agency will not accept damage reports directly.

At this time there is no federal reimbursement for storm related damage. This may change, however, and reporting damage to he local emergency management agency is the first step in seeking reimbursement.



No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

2016 by East Bay Newspapers

Barrington · Bristol · East Providence · Little Compton · Portsmouth · Prudence Island · Riverside · Rumford · Seekonk · Tiverton · Warren · Westport
Meet our staff
Mike Rego

Mike Rego has worked at East Bay Newspapers since 2001, helping the company launch The Westport Shorelines. He soon after became a Sports Editor, spending the next 10-plus years in that role before taking over as editor of The East Providence Post in February of 2012. To contact Mike to submit information, suggest story ideas or photo opportunities, etc., email mrego@eastbaynewspapers.com.