Parking Ban Issued Throughout Bristol
The parking ban begins at midnight tonight and continues indefinitely to allow emergency vehicles to pass and plows to clear the streets. All vehicles must be removed from the road and parked in driveways by midnight. Any still on the streets after that will be subject to ticketing and towing.
The town has set up emergency parking lots throughout the town to accommodate those with driveway parking. Locations include:
- Cup Defenders, 230 Wood St.
- Guiteras School, Washington Street
- St. Mary’s Church, Wood Street
- State Street Lot
- Town Common
- VFW, Creek Lane side only
- Our Lady Mount Carmel Church, State Street
- St. Elizabeth's Church, Wood Street.
Most of the area should be spared the worst of the intense storm that is expected to pass to the south of Rhode Island. Still Bristol residents can expect 3-5 inches to go with strong, gusty winds. The snow should begin around midnight, continuing through Wednesday morning, potentially making for a hazardous morning commute.