Meridian constructing new home on Upland Way
Meridian Custom Homes recently pulled a permit to build a new home at 55 Upland Way. The home, which will reportedly cost the company $204,104 to build, will include three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, a two-car garage and an exterior deck. The company’s permit fee was $1,225.
Also included in March’s building permits is one filed by the town and a bank downtown. Barrington officials are remodeling basement offices at the town hall; no cost or permit fee was included.
The Bank of America on County Road is spending approximately $125,000 to relocate its ATM and make handicap access improvements. Guaranteed Builders is reportedly handling the work.
Other building permits for March 18 to 28 are:
• 3 Owings Stone Road, $4,450 to strip and reshingle one side of the house
• 126 County Road, $3,092 to install a 10-by-12 shed
• 7 Opechee, $3,200 to remove asbestos siding
• 37 Houghton St., $3,000 to install three replacement windows
• 43 Chapin Road, $190,000 to build an addition that includes a kitchen, baths and fireplaces
• 80 Whipple Ave., $4,200 to strip and re-roof house
• 11 Eton Road, $1,800 to lay-over roof, front half only
• 4 Pine Top Road, $5,000 to replace cabinets, countertops and sink
• 71 Annawamscutt Road, $6,000 to remodel kitchen
• 49 Riverside Drive, $1,449 to install new patio door
• 241 Rumstick Road, $23,300 to install windows in screen porch
• 15 Virginia Road, $14,500 to install 2 patio doors, 3 replacement windows, and reside three sides of house
• 60 Bay Spring Ave., $6,500 to install commercial office space
• 30 King Philip Ave., $5,000 to strip and reshingle roof
• 10 Lantern Lane, $8,700 to strip and reshingle roof
• 8 Pine Top Road, $8,000 to strip and reshingle roof
• 7 Willow Way, $10,000 to removal wall board
• 114 Rumstick Road, $10,000 to demolish house
• 10 Heritage Road, $20,000 to remodel kitchen, direct replacement