Companies recall Teslas, tuna, chocolate and baby gyms
Each week the Personal Injury Law Offices of d’Oliviera & Associates compiles a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that they feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Here are 29 recalls to be aware of this week.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals LLC (“SCA Pharmaceuticals”) is voluntarily recalling various lots of injectable products to the hospital level. There is a potential for the products to contain microbial contamination.
- Tesla is recalling 4,582 model year 2016-2017 Model X vehicles. The left-side, second row, reclining seat backs may not fully latch due to having incorrectly adjusted recliner mechanism cables.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 342,381 model year 2014-2016 Souls and Soul EVs. The pinion plug may allow the pinion gear to separate from the steering gear assembly, causing a steering loss and increasing the risk of a crash.
- The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating 2014-2016 model Ford Fusion cars after three reports of steering wheel bolts becoming loose, including one report of a steering wheel completely detaching.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories
- Grand Design recalls model year 2017-2018 Imagine recreational trailers. Air conditioning unit wires may detach from the connector and pose a fire risk.
- Forest River is recalling 594 model year 2013-2014 Coachmen Freedom Express recreational trailers. The vehicles’ frames may not have had reinforcement stiffeners welded onto the exterior I-Beam in the axle area, allowing the axles to be misaligned.
- Arctic Cat Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Recalled by Textron Specialized Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard. Heat from the exhaust can melt the plastic panels behind the operator and passenger seat, posing a fire hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements
- King Soopers and City Market Recalls Deli Broccoli Salads and ColeslawBecause of Possible Health Risk.
- Tres Latin Foods Announces Voluntary Recall of Specific Code Dates of Kale & Pinto Bean 10 oz. Pupusas and Black Bean and Sweet Corn 10 oz. Pupusas Due to an Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- Paragon Foods Recalls 1.7 Ounce Bagged Broccoli FloretsBecause of Possible Health Risk.
- Pacific Coast Fruit Company Recalls Various Prepared Foods Vegetable Products because of a Possible Health Risk.
- Relish Foods, Inc. Recalls Frozen Tuna Loins Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Albertsons, Safeway, Vons and Pak N’ Save Stores in Eight States Revise Product Lists for Recall of Vegetable Trays and Cups in Cooperation with Mann Packing’s Voluntary Recall Due to Possible Listeria monocytogenes Contamination.
- Triple B Corporation (Anchorage, Alaska) Recalls Salad Kits and Stir Fry Mixes Due to Possible Contamination with Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Randalls, Tom Thumb and Albertsons stores in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas Recall Ready. Chef. Go! Cod Fillet Seafood Meal Bag in Cooperation with Voluntary Recall by Mann Packing Due to Possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- GKI Foods LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Dark Chocolate Products.
- Les Chateaux De France of Inwood, N.Y., is recalling approximately 4,225 pounds of bacon-wrapped scallops. The product contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Weis Markets recalls store-made BLT sandwiches. The products contain egg-based mayonnaise, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Whole Foods Market is voluntarily recalling some salads from 10 stores in Northern California because they include fresh produce recalled by Mann Packing because of a positive test result for Listeria monocytogenes.
- Kenny’s Great Pies of Smyrna, Ga., is recalling 22-oz. packages of Kenny’s Buckeye Pie. The product may contain wheat, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Stonyfield is recalling a specific code date of its O’Soy Strawberry soy yogurt that may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- GB Green Gastronome of Jamaica, N.Y., is recalling approximately 8,000 pounds of chicken and pork products. The products contain coconut milk and coconut cream, tree nut allergens not declared on the label.
- Taylor Farms Florida Recalls Salad with Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- H-E-B grocery stores are recalling single-serving soups because they include fresh produce recalled by Mann Packing because of a positive test result for Listeria monocytogenes.
Infant & Children Products
- Fisher-Price Recalls Infant Motion Seats Due to Fire Hazard. The motor housing can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- PlanToys Recalls Baby GymsDue to Strangulation Hazard. Babies can strangle on the side rope crossbars on the baby gyms.
- Diving Unlimited International Recalls Scuba Diving Regulators Due to Drowning Hazard. The scuba diving regulators can malfunction, posing a drowning hazard.
- Deere & Company of Moline, Ill., is recalling 25 Frontier wood chippers. The wood chipper’s knives (blades) can break and discharge, hitting the operators or bystanders, posing a risk of injury.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com