Building cleared in East Providence due to carbon monoxide concerns
EAST PROVIDENCE — A building on Newman Avenue in the Rumford section of the city was evacuated early Monday morning, Feb. 11, due to carbon monoxide concerns.
The building, shared by Shamrock Financial Services and University Surgical Associates, was cleared of all personnel by East Providence Fire Department officials.
A handful of workers from the medical company were taken to hospital for precautionary reasons. The building remained closed for further inspection.