Andrade's Catch opens after Sunday morning fire
Andrade's Catch is open for business Sunday, following an early morning fire that ravaged the building's second floor.
"We've got our lobster in the cooler, alive and kicking," said David Andrade, owner of the fish market at 186 Wood St. "There's fishermen out there working, so we have to be open for them. We've got a delivery to New York today. We're not stopping."
Firefighters were called to the two-story building shortly after 3:30 a.m. Dec. 29, for a report of a structure fire in the second-floor, one-bedroom apartment.
The cause of the fire is believed to be due to unattended cooking. No one was injured.
"We'll most likely have to gut the second floor," Mr. Andrade said.
Electricity to the building was shut off, and once the fire was extinguished, Mr. Andrade was able to turn on a generator to power his fish market.
"We only installed that about six months ago," he said. "Thank God we got it."