Abbey sports: Girls hockey wins 3-0
Ari Lowney and Maddie Fairbanks each notched a goal and an assist in the girls hockey team's 3-0 win over league opponent Beaver Country Day Friday. Rounding out the scoring was Vanessa Cushing with a goal, Kristine McNulty with three assists, and Sally Liu with an assist.
• The Ravens girls basketball team hosted Naval Academy Prep for their third game in as many days Monday and won 46-27. In the first half, the Ravens were led by Amberlee Majewski's sharp shooting - two 3-pointers in the half. Tight defense held NAPS to eight first half points. In the second half, Majewski made two more 3-pointers and finished with four 3-pointers in the game for 14 total points. She also handed out six assists, including a pass to Caitlin Burke that was one of the best assists all season. Caitlin Burke earned a double-double — 10 points and 17 rebounds for the second game in a row. Jocelyn Varieur scored 8 points. Rachael Powers was aggressive on defense and pulled down 7 rebounds. Kelley Oliveira chipped in a bucket and pulled down 6 boards. Ann Gallagher scored 2 points and handed out 4 assists. Maggie Stark finished with 2 assists and 2 steals. Ayanna Sommers added 4 points and 13 points (8 offensive boards). Tori Costa also scored 4 points and had 4 rebounds. Taylor Lough scored the final 2 points of the game on a fast break where she raced by the NAPS defense for the layup.
• The Ravens boys basketball team fell to an athletic Lexington Christian Academy team on the road 65-49 Monday. Fletcher Bonin and Teddy Fenton each scored 16 points. All of Fenton's points came in the second half. Sean Knowlan added 12 while Jeff Okoro and Dante Wentz came off the bench an played well defensively.
• The boys' basketball team lost to Concord Academy 83 - 54 Friday. Fletcher Bonin and Teddy Fenton led the Ravens in scoring with 13 and 12 points respectively. Will Hall came off the bench to score 12 points on four 3 pointers. Sheamus O'Connor played a huge role off the bench subbing for an injured Coleman Clark.
• The Portsmouth Abbey Boys' Varsity Basketball Team came back from an 18-point deficit to tie Berwick Academy with under 4 minutes left last Wednesday but wound up losing 54-48. Will Hall and Sean Knowlan led the comeback with 6 and 11 points respectively.
• Worcester Academy was able to hold off a third period rally by the Ravens to win 5-4 Wednesday. Austin Kreinz led the offense with 3 assists. Josh Vertentes had 2 power play goals. Chris Reynolds and Ben Quick also scored.
• The Abbey boys lost to Milton Academy swimming 92-86. Winning individual events for the Ravens were Chris Soriano (100 free 56.61) and Nick DeLieto (500 free 6:07.42). Swimming personal best times were Peter Barlow, Stark Cai, Chris Chow, Alex Guo, Jake Kim, Thomas Knoepffler, and Ryan Quinn.
• The Abbey girl swimmers lost to Milton Academy 89-73. Winning two individual events for the Abbey was Brooke Kazama (50 free 28.54 and 100 free 1:02.83). Swimming personal best times for the Ravens were Jeannine McGuire, Natalie Mistikawy, and Maggie O?Donnell.