The National Weather Service (NWS) and the Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency (RIEMA) is closely monitoring the development of Hurricane Sandy. The exact track and impacts of this storm are not certain at this time. We do know that whatever track this storm takes, it will cause dangerous marine conditions over the open ocean.
RIEMA reminds all Rhode Islanders of the following tips to prepare for the arrival of this storm:
• Take boats out of the water.
• Trim overgrown tree branches and shrubbery around your property.
• Clear gutters of leaves and other debris.
• Secure or bring inside any outdoor furniture, toys, or decorations.
• Clear leaves and other debris from storm drains in your neighborhood.
RIEMA is closely monitoring the progress of this storm and will provide updated information as it is available. For information on hurricane preparedness, visit www.riema.ri.gov/preparedness/hazards/hurricane2009.phpAdd to favorites