Three men charged after fight in Portsmouth

Three men charged after fight in Portsmouth


portsmouth-policePORTSMOUTH — Here are some highlights from the Portsmouth police log from over the past week.

Wednesday, Oct. 23

Three men were charged with disorderly conduct around 2:40 p.m. after police responded to a report of an assault taking place at a Cottage Avenue home. Police arrived to find three males walking in the area of Park and Cottage avenues, and a man in the front yard of a Cottage Avenue home who was bleeding from the face. He was taken to Newport Hospital for his injuries, police said. Arrested were Derek S. Ferreira, 32, of 246 Ridge St., Apt. FL2, Fall River; Manuel J. Ferreira, 52, of 55 Cove St.; and Robert E. Smith, 43, of 94 Seaconnet Boulevard.

Thursday, Oct. 24

Matthew J. Livingstone, 48, of 245 High St., Bristol, was charged on a bench warrant issued from Sixth District Court, as well as driving after his license had been suspended or revoked. A Prudence Island police officer stopped Mr. Livingstone’s Chevy van around 9 a.m. after it was seen drifting across the roadway, police said.

Friday, Oct. 25

Department of Public Works Director Brian Woodhead told police that garbage had been illegally dumped in the wetlands next to the beach in the area of Anthony Road and Mt. View Terrace. The garbage consisted mainly of empty beer bottles and empty beer cases, and a local resident told police she believed that fisherman who frequent the area were responsible.

Sunday, Oct. 27

David G. Tingle, 47, of 28 Holden St., Warwick, was charged with violating a domestic no-contact order around 8:40 p.m. The charge stems from an incident in July, when police said Mr. Tingle attempted to contact his ex-wife by phone.

Monday, Oct. 28

Joanne C. Goode, 55, of 33 Beth St., Tiverton, was charged with driving while intoxicated (first offense) and refusing to submit to a chemical test at about 10:45 p.m. An officer responded to Anthony Road near the Montaup Gold Course after receiving a report that a car had struck the curbing multiple times. Police said they found Ms. Goode’s vehicle stopped in the northbound lane of Anthony Road.