Portsmouth woman charged in gun incident

Portsmouth woman charged in gun incident


PORTSMOUTH — Here are some highlights from the Portsmouth police report from over the past week.

Thursday, July 31

Sandra J. LeClaire, 52, of 100 Almeida Terrace, Apt. 110, was arrested around 4:15 p.m. on a bench warrant issued from Sixth District Court. An officer with knowledge of the warrant arrested Ms. LeClaire after seeing her walk up the stairs to her apartment, according to police.

Laurie A. Ferreira, 50, of 97 Market St., Apt. 2, Warren, was charged with driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to a chemical test after her car was stopped on West Main Road near Hedly Street around 8:40 p.m. Police said Ms. Ferreira’s taillights were not illuminated and she was crossing over the center lane divider.

Friday, Aug. 1

Sara M. Harkness, 20, of 18 Hicks Lane, was charged with conspiracy of firing a shotgun in a compact area and obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duties. The charges stem from an incident on Jan. 6, in which a man reported finding bullet holes in his car parked on Bradley Terrace. On July 25 police charged Matthew Brown, 21, of 48 Festival Field, Newport, with firing a shotgun in a compact area and two counts of vandalism with malicious injury to property. After a subsequent investigation police filed charges against Ms. Harkness, his girlfriend.

Saturday, Aug. 2

Chayce R. Neto, 19, of 17 St. Elizabeth St., Bristol, was charged with driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to a chemical test. Police said they pulled over Mr. Neto’s car shortly before 1 a.m. on East Main Road near Pine Tree Road because he had drifted over the lane divider.

Mark D. Gagne, 44, of 2348 East Main Road, was charged with domestic assault after a woman reported to police around 1 p.m. that he had grabbed her by the hair and slammed her right upper arm into her car, police said. The incident took place outside Mr. Gagne’s house, according to police.

Monday, Aug. 4

An irate resident of Cedar Avenue cursed at a police officer who was trying to get the man’s barking dog back inside the house around 1:20 a.m. A police officer was working a National Grid gas detail in the area of Cedar and Island avenues when he saw a small dog in a side yard that had been continually barking for about 15 minutes, police said. The officer knocked on the house’s door, but no one answered. As he was leaving, he heard a man’s voice yell obscenities, after which police told him to quiet down and bring the dog inside. After initially arguing with police, the man picked up the dog and went inside.

For more Portsmouth police news from this week, go here.