Portsmouth police charge man with trespassing

Portsmouth police charge man with trespassing


Portsmouth police patchPORTSMOUTH — Here are some highlights from the Portsmouth police log from over the past week.

Friday, Jan. 17

Jacob R. DeCastro, 23, of 68 Massasoit Ave., was charged with driving while intoxicated (first offense) after his car was pulled over for speeding around 12:30 a.m. on Hummock Avenue near the Escape Bridge.

Saturday, Jan. 18

Roger L. Wilkins, 56, of 18 Maggie Lane, was arrested on a bench warrant issued by Second Division District Court. Police went to Mr. Wilkins’ home at about 3:45 p.m. to make the arrest.

Sunday, Jan. 19

Police reported to an Indian Avenue home around 9 a.m. for a report that a barking dog was causing a nuisance. An officer arrived to find four yellow Labs on a gated property, and they were barking continuously, police said. A person who was housesitting at the property told police she would bring the dogs inside.

Kyle R. DeMello, 20, of 2870 East Main Road, Portsmouth, was charged with possession of narcotics and driving after his license had been suspended or revoked. Police pulled his car over on West Main Road near Melville School around 7:45 p.m. because of a loud muffler. During a search of the vehicle, police said they found a spoon with burn marks — commonly associated with narcotics use – under the driver’s seat, along with multiple unused syringes on the floor of the back seat. More syringes and three small packets of heroin were found in a backpack, according to police.

Stephen G. Botelho, 24, of 7 Hickory Circle, Swansea, was charged with driving while intoxicated (first offense) after his car was pulled over at about 2:30 a.m. on West Main Road at Hedley Street. Police said they pulled the car over because its front driver’s side headlamp was not working.

Monday, Jan. 20

Carlo D. Ferreira, 33, of 752 Metacom Ave., Bristol, was charged with disorderly conduct, willful trespass and driving with an expired license. Police responded to a Cottage Avenue home around 2:45 a.m. for a report of an unwanted party. When officers arrived, Mr. Ferreira had left the home but his vehicle was later stopped on Boyd’s Lane at Bristol Ferry Road.