Man arrested after asking Portsmouth police for escort

Man arrested after asking Portsmouth police for escort


PORTSMOUTH — Here are some highlights from the Portsmouth police log from over the past week.

Tuesday, July 22

Azell Malone, 61, of 130 Islington Ave., was charged with driving while intoxicated (first offense) after police stopped his vehicle on East Main Road near Pine Tree Road around 1:30 p.m. Police said they stopped Mr. Malone’s car because he had stopped in the roadway several times and was weaving in and out of the lane of travel.

Wednesday, July 23

Michael R. Diogo, 26, of 17 Wilson St., Bristol, was charged with driving while intoxicated (first offense) and refusal to submit to a chemical test. Middletown police stopped Mr. Diogo’s car on West Main Road at Raytheon shortly before 5 p.m. after getting a report from a gas station attendant in that town that the driver appeared to be intoxicated. Portsmouth police arrested Mr. Diogo after he failed a field sobriety test, police said.

Thursday, July 24

Police responded to a vandalism complaint at A2B Tracking Solutions, 207 High Point Ave., at about 12:30 p.m. Police found two phallic symbols and the word “GAY” spray-painted on the rear of the building.

Friday, July 25

Matthew J. Brown, 21, of 48 Festival Field, Newport, was charged with firing a shotgun in a compact area and two counts of vandalism with malicious injury to property in connection with an incident that was first reported on Jan. 6. On that day, police responded to a Bradley Terrace home around 8:20 p.m. for a report of vandalism to a motor vehicle. A woman told police that she was watching TV when she heard a loud bang outside. She went outside to find several bullet holes above the driver’s side gas cap on her grandson’s vehicle. The grandson, who said he used to date a woman who later went out with Mr. Brown, named him as a possible suspect, according to police. Newport police arrested Mr. Brown after a warrant had been issued, and Portsmouth police took him into custody. Police said there was also an active bench warrant for Mr. Brown’s arrest for failing to appear in Second District Court.

Curt E. Palmer, 46, of 965 Main St., Hope Valley, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. on a bench warrant that had been issued by Fourth District Court. The arrest came shortly after Mr. Palmer entered the police station to ask for an escort to a Thayer Drive home. He wanted to pick up his tools from a carpentry job and didn’t want to look “suspicious” to neighbors, police said. Police learned about the warrant after running a routine check on Mr. Palmer.

Saturday, July 26

Erin E. Ryan, 19, of 41 Kaitlin Place, was charged with driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to a chemical test shortly after 3 a.m. Police made the arrest after responding to the area of Park Avenue at Norseman Drive for a report of a possible domestic disturbance. When they arrived at the scene, police found the vehicle parked askew on Norsemen and Ms. Ryan and a male standing on Narragansett Avenue near Park Avenue. Blood was coming from Ms. Ryan’s nose and she also had blood on her arms and legs, police said. Police found a beer in the car’s center console. Ms. Ryan was arrested after failing a field sobriety test, police said.

Sunday, July 27

Katrina L. Mcisaac, 28, of 24 Holloway Brook Drive, Lakeville, Mass., was charged with driving while intoxicated and refusal to submit to a chemical test. Police made the arrest after stopping Ms. Mcisaac  on Route 24 northbound shortly after 12:30 a.m. for speeding and driving erratically.

Police received a complaint that a handbag had been stolen from inside an unlocked boat at Hunt Yachts. The white cotton bad contained a black wallet with $200 cash, several credit cards, an iPhone 5 and a New Zealand driver’s license, among other items.