Barrington Police: Schnoodle bites grandson, insulting mail and stolen baby formula

Barrington Police: Schnoodle bites grandson, insulting mail and stolen baby formula


barrington-police-cruiser - stockimage

Monday, Jan. 7

A Barrington mother contacted police after discovering her teenage daughter was involved in an inappropriate online conversation with a teenage male. Police contacted the boy’s parents regarding the matter. No charges were filed.

Tuesday, Jan. 8

An Allen Avenue man gave up his dog for adoption. The man said he had trouble controlling the 5-year-old female pit bull mix. Police Chief John LaCross said the dog is friendly but energetic. It was taken to the East Providence Animal Shelter and anyone interested in adoption should contact animal control officer Patricia Watson at 437-3930.

A Leslie Avenue woman reported receiving harassing text messages. The woman was reportedly sending text messages to a man she met online. When the woman asked for the messages to stop, however, the man threatened to post information about the woman online. Police officers are attempting to contact the man.

Wednesday, Jan. 9

A woman reportedly slipped on some ice in the St. Luke’s Church parking lot. According to the report, she bumped her head and was taken to the hospital.

An animal adoption agency contacted Barrington Police, after a Barrington woman contacted the agency about putting her 5-year-old schnoodle — schnauzer-poodle mix — up for adoption after it bit her grandson.

A Sherwood Lane woman contacted police after receiving an insulting letter in the mail.

Thursday, Jan. 10

Police located a 17-year-old Barrington boy in the woods behind Primrose Hill School. The boy had reportedly left home after a disagreement with a family member. His mother later picked him up from the police.

A Ferry Lane woman reported that a portion of her stone wall had been knocked over. It appeared a vehicle had backed into the wall.

Sunday, Jan. 13

A woman reportedly stole 12 cans of baby formula valued at $192 from Shaw’s. An employee reportedly watched the woman remove the cans from their containers. When a manager approached the woman, she allegedly ran out of the store without paying.