- Water. The American Red Cross recommends one gallon of water per person per day
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food)
- Battery-powered or hand – crank radio
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers
- Outage reporting hotline – Call 1-800-465-1212 to report an outage.
- Text messages – Customers can receive text message alerts by texting the word STORM to NGRID (64743). Customers can opt out at any time by texting the word STOP to NGRID (64743).
- Find us on Facebook or Twitter to connect with us and other customers. You can also view images from the field, get safety tips and the latest updates on our restoration efforts.
Remember, if your power goes out, you can access our mobile website by going to nationalgrid.com on your mobile phone. There you will be able to report outages, check the status of your outage, view outage maps, view important messages and access safety tips.