Man in custody for abducting Portsmouth girl

portsmouth-police

portsmouth-policePORTSMOUTH — The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has arrested a New Jersey man in connection with Wednesday’s disappearance of a 13-year-old Portsmouth girl.

UPDATE: Portsmouth police, the FBI and the Rhode Island State Police will conduct a joint press conference at 3 p.m. today, July 25, at Portsmouth Town Hall.

At about 11 a.m. on Thursday, FBI Special Agent Barbara Woodruff of the Newark, N.J. Division said the suspect is in custody in New Jersey and will appear in federal court in that state this afternoon.

At least one media outlet has reported that the suspect is a male juvenile, but that’s incorrect, Agent Woodruff said. She declined to share any more information, saying the FBI will issue a statement later today.

Portsmouth police confirmed this morning that the Amber Alert for Kathryn Botelho, who was seen leaving in a car with a man unknown to her family Wednesday morning, has been canceled. Kathryn was found safe, but police this morning wouldn’t say if she had been reunited with her family this morning.

 

Authors

One Comment;

Top