Hold the sauce; no chicken BBQ in Little Compton this year

ChickenBBQ2011

ChickenBBQ2011LITTLE COMPTON — The chicken barbecue for this year is cancelled, Penny Walker, president of the Little Compton Village Improvement Society announced Monday.

The Society is the group that sponsors the annual event.

The barbecue was called off because of the presence of the modular classroom buildings, Ms. Walker said, and the fact that the barbecue pits’ usual location is now covered with gravel and serves as the parking lot used by faculty, staff, and visitors to the temporary school.

“There will be no barbecue, and no chicken,” she said. “We are going to have something, we just don’t know what it’s going to look like right now.”

Last week the town announced that the fireworks show it sponsors on the evening of the barbecue was also cancelled, for the same reason.

The chicken barbecue usually takes place on the first weekend in August (this year on August 3).

Related posts

Top