Fort Barton School in Tiverton has been honored as a ‘Commended’ school, achieving a score of 82 out of 100 in a scoring system, used by the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE).
The school scored highest among Tiverton/Little Compton schools in the RIDE 2013 Classifications released Tuesday.
The classifications are built on testing proficiency and distinction levels, whether the school is serving all learners well, and whether the school is showing improvement, among other criteria.
• Wilbur & McMahon Schools in Little Compton is classified as a ‘Leading’ school, scoring 75.75 points out of 100.
• Portsmouth High School (attended by Little Compton students, is listed as a ‘Leading’ school with a score of 72.
• Pocasset School in School in Tiverton is classified among ‘Leading’ schools with a score of 71.
• Tiverton Middle School is listed as a ‘Typical; school with a 63.17 score.
• Walter E. Ranger School in Tiverton is listed as a ‘Typical’ school with a 56.83 score.
• Tiverton High School is listed as a ‘Typical’ school with a 55.33 score.