Faulty light prompts fire response at Guiteras

Bristol police fire

Students at Guiteras School are back in class, safe and sound, after fire crews responded to a call there shortly after 11 a.m. on Friday.

According to Fire Chief Robert Martin, smoke was smelled inside one of the classrooms and, following procedure, the school was evacuated and the fire department was called.

Firefighters inspected the room and other areas inside the school, deteriming the cause of the odor to be from a blown ballister in a light fixture.

At 11:25, children were led back into the school and returned to their normal routine minutes later.

Related posts