Carissa Correia leads the Pledge of Allegiance with, from left, Dick Devault, Lou Cirillo, Taryn Largarto and Lea Alexandre join in.
Carissa Correia leads the Pledge of Allegiance with, from left, **** Devault, Lou Cirillo, Taryn Largarto and Lea Alexandre join in.
Sunny skies, warm temperatures and an evening of music marked the first day of summer and the first concert of Bristol’s Fourth of July concert series on Friday, June 21. People began to arrive early at Independence Park to hear the concert band, Our Lady of Lights. After their performance, the Boston Premier Band takes the stage at 8:15 p.m.
With a handful of introductions and the Pledge of Allegiance, the 2013 Fourth of July concert series is underway.
Food, and plenty of it, kept people and vendors busy, with hot dogs, chourico sandwiches, lobster rolls and Italian sandwiches, among the edible attractions. For concert goers to commemorate the occasion, Fourth of July volunteers have souvenirs for sale as they do each year in order to fund all the events and activities to come.
Fourth of July parade chief marshal, Lou Cirillo briefly addressed the crowd.
- Carissa Correia leads the Pledge of Allegiance with, from left, Dick Devault, Lou Cirillo, Taryn Largarto and Lea Alexandre join in.
- Noam Hasson, left, in red shirt, and Andrew Keenan, of Barrington play with Alida, 4, and Liat, 15 months, during the concert.
- Some concert goers arrived early to claim a good spot to listen.
- Parade chiel marshal, Lou Cirillo, welcomes the crowd to open the Fourth of July concert series.
- Concert series chairman, Ray Lavey, introduces the Our Lady of the Light band.
- A good turnout fills Independence Park to kick off the free concert series.
“This is the best concert series that we’ve ever had,” he said.
With 12 nights of music yet to come, Independence Park will be rocking the harbor.
To open the show, Carissa Correia, Little Miss Fourth of July second runner up led the Pledge of Allegiance, concert committee chairman, Ray Lavey, welcomed the crowd and introduced the band to kick off the 2013 series.