Barrington teenager unresponsive after drinking bottle of whiskey

barrington-police-cruiser - stockimage

barrington-police-cruiser - stockimage

Barrington police responded to the area near Mussachuck Beach early Sunday morning, June 2, after a 15-year-old girl allegedly drank a bottle of whiskey, passed out and appeared to be suffering from alcohol poisoning.

Police and fire received a 911 call at about 1 a.m. on June 2 after a small group of people hanging out at Mussachuck Beach realized a 15-year-old girl had too much to drink and may be experiencing alcohol poisoning. Police arrived at the end of Appian Way a short time later and located the girl. Officers tried talking to the girl and, later, yelling loudly in an effort to get a response; nothing seemed to work.

At about the same time, police noticed the girl’s breathing to be quite shallow. While rescue personnel started to prepare the girl to be transported to the Hasbro Children’s Hospital, police interviewed other individuals who said the girl drank a fifth of whiskey and may have taken other substances also. Police later called the girl’s mother and told her to meet her daughter at the hospital.

Officers also scanned the beach area for any additional signs of underage drinking, but couldn’t find anything.

Authors

Related posts

Top 7ads6x98y