A van with a sliding door reportedly seen traveling along local roadways last week may have been involved in a series of larcenies from motor vehicles.
Police said a woman in town spotted the van, which had the sliding door open and men inside. The men may have been quickly exiting the van and checking to see if residents’ car doors were unlocked.
Police are currently investigating a rash of break-ins that were reported from Wednesday to Saturday, Aug. 7 to 10. Following is a list of the reported break-ins and where they took place:
Wednesday, Aug. 7
• Sowams Road: Resident tells police he was awoken by his barking dog and saw that his vehicles’ interior lights were on. He checked the cars and found the glove boxes open, but nothing missing.
• Dana Road: A resident tells police someone went through her car and took a change purse that contained $10 in coins.
Thursday, Aug. 8
• Leeann Drive: A resident reports a GPS, two watches, sunglasses, and a phone charged stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
• Leeann Drive: Another resident flags down officer and tells him she may have heard the suspects the prior night. She said she could hear men’s voices outside her home, and her son allegedly saw someone shining a flashlight through his window.
• Winsor Drive: A resident reports a car break-in, but nothing missing.
• Roffee Street: An iPod Nano and iPod accessories are reportedly stolen from an unlocked car parked on Roffee Street.
• Howard Street: A resident tells police someone entered his daughter’s car and stole her GPS.
• Winsor Drive: Some change was taken from an unlocked car.
• Winsor Drive: A resident reports money taken from an unlocked car.
Saturday, Aug. 10
• Nayatt Road: A resident tells police someone stole an ID badge and pocket knife from an unlocked car.Add to favorites