Work is underway on a new 11,794 square foot home on Rumstick Road. Robert Kreft filed a building permit in early February to construct the new home at 306 Rumstick.
The new two-story home, which replaces a 4,268 square foot home that had been located on the property, will include five bedrooms, six full bathrooms and three half-baths.
Meridian Custom Homes is constructing the home for an estimated cost of $1,175,000. Mr. Kreft purchased the property in Sept. 2012 for $1,750,000. It had been assessed at $2,093,700.
The property runs east from Rumstick Road to the mouth of the Warren River.
Anoka Associates, a company owned by resident Alfred Almeida, is constructing a new home at 50 Ferry Lane in town. The construction will cost approximately $205,990 for a new two-story colonial with a two-car garage.
Mr. Almeida’s company purchased the property in Nov. 2012 for $275,000. Assessed at $370,500, the old home had three bedrooms and one bath, while the new structure will have four bedrooms, and two and a half baths.
Other building permits:
• 109 Roffee St.: $4,000 garden shed
• 27 Anchorage Way: $44,000 kitchen remodel
• 56 Bourne Lane: $215,000 garage addition, new deck and renovate interior
• 7 Richard St.: $1,000 demolish house
• 8 Grassy Plain Road: $4,400 reshingle roof
• 17 Barron Road: $50,000 second floor addition
• 375 Rumstick Point Road: $43,000 new dormer and windows
• 2 Collins Court: $20,000 renovate kitchen and remove load-bearing wall
• 2 County Road: $4,000 replace shingles
• 16 Brown Ave.: $16,000
• 10 Lamson Road: $2,000
• 13 Bullock Ave.: $350 infill half-wall, drywall and paint
• 116 Nayatt Road: $5,000 addition over screened porch
• 20 Highview Road: $2,500 remove components on second floor as needed
• 6 Stone Tower Lane: $115,000 new second floor
• 6 Beaver Road: $10,000 kitchen replacement
• 6 Wright Place: $14,000 strip and reroof shingles, install entry door
Work has already started on a 12,000 square foot home on Rumstick Road.