The Town of Little Compton is preparing to submit a Community Development application to request up to $200,000 to undertake the following activities:
1) Public Facility: Provide funding to purchase a van to transport the elderly residents of Little Compton.
Amount: $ 47,785
2) Public Service: Provide support to the St. Elizabeth’s Community Cornerstone Adult Services’ Nancy Brayton Osborn Adult Day center that provides adult day health serv- ices to frail elders and adults with disabilities and those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia.
Amount: $ 5,000
3) Public Services: Support for the Women’s Resource Center of Newport and Bristol Counties to provide counseling and advo- cacy services to victims of domestic violence.
Amount: $ 5,000
4) Public Facility: Provide funding for East Bay Community Action Program to its health and dental services that are pro- vided to low income, uninsured and underinsured residents of Newport County at its facility in Newport’s North End.
5) Public Service: Provide operating support for the Community Housing Resource Board/Housing Hotline of Newport County to provide housing counseling, referral services, and educa- tion and outreach to affirmatively further Fair Housing in Newport County.
Amount: $ 1,300
6) Economic Development: Provide funding to Social Venture Partners Rhode Island (SVPRI) to expand the online micro enterprise incubator into Newport County. SVPRI will also work with Church Community Housing Corp. to develop and implement a micro enterprise loan fund.
7) Housing Operating: Provide support to Church Community Housing Corporation for costs for Residential Rehabilitation loans, RI Housing Loan programs, Homeowners Assistance, and Homebuyer Training programs.
Amount: $ 12,500
8) Housing Operating; Provide operating support to the Community Housing Land Trust of RI for technical assistance, training and monitoring of affordable housing units.
Amount: $ 3,000
9) Town Administration:
Amount: $ 1,000
A Public Hearing will be held on April 4th, 2013 at 7:00pm at Town Hall for the purpose of obtaining citizens’ views of the pro- posed activities. Written comments will also be accepted at Town Hall prior to the hearing. The application will be available in the Town Clerks Office in Town Hall for public review and comment prior to submission to the State on April 19th 2013. Town Hall is handicapped accessible. Individuals requesting interpreter serv- ices for the hearing impaired and non-English speaking persons should call TDD number (401) 635-2311 seventy-two (72) hours in advance.
Mr. Robert L. Mushen Town Council PresidentAdd to favorites